28 Gauge Longbeard.

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

28 Gauge Longbeard.

Postby The Waterfowler » Wed May 04, 2011 10:15 am

My sons and I have killed 21 longbeards this season so far and this one was taken by my youngest with a 28 ga. shooting 3/4 oz. of HD 7's. He's set the standard for us now as my oldest has doubled with a 20 ga. so next up a .410 for me.

Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Re: 28 Gauge Longbeard.

Postby jpostx3 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:17 pm

The Waterfowler wrote:My sons and I have killed 21 longbeards this season so far and this one was taken by my youngest with a 28 ga. shooting 3/4 oz. of HD 7's. He's set the standard for us now as my oldest has doubled with a 20 ga. so next up a .410 for me.

Outstanding! I wish we could use a .410 here or even a 28 gauge. It'd be real good for the young kids.
Peace in the Middle East
jpostx3
hunter

Re: 28 Gauge Longbeard.

Postby Cujo1 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Super, wish we could shoot more turkeys here. Limit is three if you can get the permits!
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum