what kind of .22?

A forum to discuss home defense and personal defense to keep out crime.

Moderators: La. Hunter, badandy970, Montanafowler

what kind of .22?

Postby kwacksmacker40 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:20 pm

wondering what yalls favorite .22 handgun was. im looking to get one and the only one iv had the chance to shoot is a smith & wesson and was very pleased with its accuracy. any other opinions?
kwacksmacker40
hunter

Re: what kind of .22?

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:42 pm

What are you wanting to use if for? Target shooting in general or training because you don't want to pay for ammo on your center fire? If it's the former, I would highly recommend either the Walther P-22 or the Sig Mosquito. Personally, I like the Sig better. The Walther is a little small to me and the Sig feels a lot more like a center fire. Check it out, it's a nice pistol and I've heard nothing but good for both of them from everyone I've sold them to. If it's just for target shooting, the Smith would be fine. If you want to train, the Sig will operate exactly like your center fire from the slide to the decocker.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby La. Hunter » Mon May 09, 2011 10:53 am

Preacher, I've heard of several people having failure to cycle problems with the Sigs. I have never shot one of the Sig .22's myself, but thats just what I have heard. As far as the Walthers, my Dad has several of the P22's and my son has one that my Dad bought him for Christmas. These seem to be pretty decent pistols. Myself, I have a Browning Buckmark and really like the accuracy I get out of this gun. As far a a woods carry .22, I prefer a Ruger Single Six loaded with rat/snake shot.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:59 pm

La. Hunter wrote:Preacher, I've heard of several people having failure to cycle problems with the Sigs. I have never shot one of the Sig .22's myself, but thats just what I have heard. As far as the Walthers, my Dad has several of the P22's and my son has one that my Dad bought him for Christmas. These seem to be pretty decent pistols. Myself, I have a Browning Buckmark and really like the accuracy I get out of this gun. As far a a woods carry .22, I prefer a Ruger Single Six loaded with rat/snake shot.

Their problem is the ammunition they use. It takes a good shell to cycle them. If they'd use the CCI Maxi-Mags instead of the cheap bulk stuff, they should cycle fine. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TomKat » Mon May 09, 2011 4:10 pm

kwacksmacker40 wrote:wondering what yalls favorite .22 handgun was. im looking to get one and the only one iv had the chance to shoot is a smith & wesson and was very pleased with its accuracy. any other opinions?

I bought the S&W .22 recently and I like it a lot...
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby fishfurlife » Mon May 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Browning Buckmark. That is my choice
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Tue May 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Buckmark or Ruger in a semi auto, period! They are tried and true actions with many, many years of outstanding service with excellent accuracy and very good triggers. Choose the model that fits your needs and get a couple of bricks of decent ammo.

For a revolver I'd choose a Smith or Ruger. The single 6 is an excellent piece AND you get a LR and MAG cylinder.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby shoot-n-goose » Thu May 26, 2011 7:07 pm

I've got a Buckmark and love it. I wouldn't want to carry it all day due to its size, but its a great plinker. I was surprised how accurate it was straight outta the box with cheap bulk ammo. Mine does like a nice cleaning after about 500rds to keep her running smooth
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Return to Home and Personal Defense Forum