Mango Recipes

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Mango Recipes

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue May 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Not sure if this will get many responses, but recently the Mango trees down here have been going crazy, so I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes involving mangos?

Definitely interested in any mango salsa, mango bread, mango icecream, or mango cobbler recipes, but not sure how much the people of DHC cook with mangos.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Re: Mango Recipes

Postby Indaswamp » Wed May 18, 2011 1:22 pm

GroundSwatter wrote:Not sure if this will get many responses, but recently the Mango trees down here have been going crazy, so I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes involving mangos?

Definitely interested in any mango salsa, mango bread, mango icecream, or mango cobbler recipes, but not sure how much the people of DHC cook with mangos.

I make a mango/pecan rice that is a great side dish for pork and duck... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby side-slippin » Thu May 19, 2011 10:37 am

do share, i'm a mangoholic; if there is such a thing.
side-slippin
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri May 20, 2011 11:43 am

Made a mango, avocado and Serrano salsa last night. 1 mango diced, 2 avacodos dice, 1 roasted serrano skinned, deseeded and diced, then salt and pepper to taste. It was really good.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby bmoy1920 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:47 pm

bmoy1920
hunter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:49 pm

A mango.
ScaupHunter wrote:Oompa Loompa Loofah de do. Who wants to share a Loofa with you?
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Postby daffy... » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:07 am

mangos help prevent cancer and disease like crohns disease. eat up. make jams, jelly, chutneys. great on duck and bone-in pork chops
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:05 am

Mango trees aren't producing anymore, but we managed to freeze a bunch. So far best application for frozen mangos has been some Malibu mango flavored rum, frozen mangos, ice, and blend in blender for a delicious drink.

BTW, not all mangos are created equal. We have 5 or 6 different varieties of them and some are stringier on the inside, others have smoother and sweeter flesh. Thankfully my friends have the tree in their backyard with my favorite variety.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:55 am

I usually peel them and eat them. I can never eat enough mangos.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 am

daffy... wrote:mangos help prevent cancer and disease like crohns disease. eat up. make jams, jelly, chutneys. great on duck and bone-in pork chops

How do you know this?
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby daffy... » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:27 pm

not only do you learn how to cook in culinary school, they teach you nutrition, food history, and food chemistry
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby tako1972 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:39 am

1.with nice ripe ones, cut them off the pit and sprinkle them with a little sea, chile powder and a little lime juice. this on its own or with other fruits or both with some arugula is great.
2.Shred unripe(green ) ones on a mandoline and mix with some fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, crushed peanuts , and cilantro for a southeast asian style salad.
3.puree or chop ripe mangoes with kimchee and eat as a side to roast pork or duck and rice.
4.pickle them.
5.Spicy jam w/ fried chicken livers on toast. a take on pepper jelly and fried livers Louisiana style.
6. cold mango soup.
7. dried for the duck blind.
etc. etc. etc.. Basically play with the contrast of the sweetness of the mangos and something rich or different stages of ripeness.
check me out at fatbackboucherie.wordpress.com
tako1972
hunter

Postby utduck » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:16 am

Mango salsa! Pick a recipe online then pour over cream cheese and eat with wheat thins. Great snack at parties.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
utduck
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking