Keeping a new black truck clean

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Postby bayouboy » Fri May 27, 2011 9:29 am

Any suggestions? Got '11 Tacoma and trying to keep it clean. Didn't pick the color, it's what they had in the package I was looking for. I've been washing it once a week and I went ahead and waxed it last week. SOB is impossible to keep clean. Anyone use that cali rag? Something to remove the dust it collects between washes w/ out scratchin? I know it's a truck but it's the first new vehicle Ive paid for and can't stand to see it dirty at this point.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Re: Keeping a new black truck clean

Postby TomKat » Fri May 27, 2011 11:41 am

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Good luck with that-
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby bayouboy » Fri May 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Thanks.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Fri May 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Trying out posting pics w/ a new Ap
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby TomKat » Fri May 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Sorry BB, black trucks are mud magnets
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby ajmorell » Fri May 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Black is a tough color to keep clean. I have all but given up on my ZJ (dark purplish color) and I have to wash my wife's Altima (dark slate) at least once a week for it to look decent at all. Do you store your truck in the garage or keep it outside? Storing it in a garage will keep it a lot cleaner.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby bayouboy » Fri May 27, 2011 7:51 pm

ajmorell wrote:Black is a tough color to keep clean. I have all but given up on my ZJ (dark purplish color) and I have to wash my wife's Altima (dark slate) at least once a week for it to look decent at all. Do you store your truck in the garage or keep it outside? Storing it in a garage will keep it a lot cleaner.

It's kept outside. Down here w/ the pollen, it's unreal. We got a little rain and was hoping it would wash it but it just caked the pollen and dust in.

Guess I'll just have wash regularly.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby Johnnytheboy » Sat May 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Dunno if you have the product in the USA but we have a product called Supagaurd here in the UK. Its is essentially a polish but its a super high resin, its about the best stuff I have seen http://www.supagard.co.uk/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=53 that is well worth applying on black cars. It will keep the scrathing down, and thats one thing that makes black cars look terrible!!!

The only other thing i can suggest is vynal, you know the stick on stuff they use to put advertisments on the sides of vans, thats really good for protecting areas where you will get allot of stonechipping and scratching from brush etc. We use it at work to put on Ferrari's and Lambos etc to avoid stone chipping. It is clear so you can still see the paint colour through it. Ebay is good for it, or go round to a sign shop they would custom cut and fit it for you, probably very cheaply!!
Johnnytheboy
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Sat May 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Johnnytheboy wrote:Dunno if you have the product in the USA but we have a product called Supagaurd here in the UK. Its is essentially a polish but its a super high resin, its about the best stuff I have seen http://www.supagard.co.uk/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=53 that is well worth applying on black cars. It will keep the scrathing down, and thats one thing that makes black cars look terrible!!!

The only other thing i can suggest is vynal, you know the stick on stuff they use to put advertisments on the sides of vans, thats really good for protecting areas where you will get allot of stonechipping and scratching from brush etc. We use it at work to put on Ferrari's and Lambos etc to avoid stone chipping. It is clear so you can still see the paint colour through it. Ebay is good for it, or go round to a sign shop they would custom cut and fit it for you, probably very cheaply!!

Can you cover an entire vehicle in vinyl ?
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby rmh » Sat May 28, 2011 4:51 pm

TomKat wrote::lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Good luck with that-

What he said.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Postby shoot-n-goose » Sat May 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Wash it regularly and plan on a nice wax job every other month to keep her purty. My brother has a black truck and to really make it shine after a wash between waxes he puts on Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer. Its in a windex type bottle, just spray it on then wipe it off.
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby Johnnytheboy » Sun May 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Yes you can wrap a full vehicle, we have a red Ferrari in just now that is actually a black Ferrari, it has been covered in red vynal. We have just taken chrome foil vynal off an Aston Martin DB9 as the owner couldnt sell it as a chrome, it was metallic grey underneath and is 100% a better looking car.

High wear areas are bonnet fronts, wing fronts wheel arches that protrude, A-pillars, and any area where a stone can hit it square on and the paint will take the force of the impact rather than deflect it off. The mudflaps you have fitted will provide allot of protection!!

One point that is 100% correct is your fecked from day one with black, forget regular polish and Invest in some of the Supagaurd polish, walking into a dealer in the UK and getting a car Supagaurded would cost you £200, If you wish I will tell you a much cheaper way to do it, by PM of course.
Johnnytheboy
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 pm

paint it white. :biggrin:

if you have the room, i would suggest investing in one of thos "tarp" garages to put her in instead of letting her sit out. i think they are only a couple hundred bucks and if it last 2 years, i bet that it would pay for itself due to reduced washes/waxes.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:53 pm

I use maguire's black detailer spray between washes and apply it with a microfiber rag and it looks like I just washed and waxed it, and its pretty quick I can do my whole truck in about 20min and its a full size extended cab short bed.

I use the spray about every week and a half. (I like my truck clean when i can keep it that way), and havent washed it in 3 weeks, and it takes care of those pesky water spots after a wash, but I also use a Microfiber rag to dust off gravel dust because I work off a gravel road :no:
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Jodenpenting » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:38 am

Many thanks to ur post. I love it.
Jodenpenting
Newb

Postby Medis » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:03 am

The only way to keep a black truck clean is to paint it. Nice truck though.
Medis
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:36 am

Medis wrote:The only way to keep a black truck clean is to paint it. Nice truck though.

false. wash+ full dietail+ kept in garage= clean black truck

oh and just fyi black shows scratche like a ****! :crying:
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum