arkansas flooding

A place to discuss major environment issues, from the Gulf oil spill to extreme floods.

Moderators: Indaswamp, Dep6, #1wingnut, Smackaduck

arkansas flooding

Postby mitchmc » Mon May 30, 2011 8:03 pm

there hasnt been much talk about the flooding in arkansas. we have a club in northeast AR and the farmers lost all their rice that was planted. how will this effect the migration in this entire region for the 11-12 season???
YOU GOT TO BUST UM IN THE LIPS!!
mitchmc
hunter

Re: arkansas flooding

Postby Drinkin' With Deacon » Mon May 30, 2011 8:20 pm

I hope our friends in Arkansas and elsewhere who've flooded recover quickly. I'm no farmer so I can't comment on how late rice can be planted or what may be planted for a fall crop. A silver lining to all this water coming downriver is the prairie pothole region is very wet and we should be hearing of high pond counts and good duck production this year. And that would be on top of last year's good numbers. If that holds true those of us in the Mississippi and Central flyway hopefully can enjoy a bountiful season. I'm not expecting an increase in birds or days for big duck but I wouldn't bee too surprised to see the September teal split move from 4 to 6 birds.
Conserve Game & Hunt with a Trained Retriever
Drinkin' With Deacon
hunter

Re: arkansas flooding

Postby james103 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:22 am

I hope our friends in Arkansas and elsewhere who've flooded recover quickly. I'm no farmer so I can't comment on how late rice can be planted or what may be planted for a fall crop.
Become expert in web design with dumps tutorials. sign up for 640-864 braindumps course and learn the useful design skills using EXIN design resources. good luck....
james103
Newb

Return to Major Environmental Issues