Woman Duck Hunters??

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Woman Duck Hunters??

Postby ducklady555 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:00 pm

I live in Jacksonville, FL. My ex-boyfriend made me fall in love with duck hunting. Are there any other woman duck hunters out there in this area? Would love to go back to Arkansas and hunt in the timbers. If you are out there let me know...
ducklady555
Newb

Re: Woman Duck Hunters??

Postby number3shot » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Pictures? :biggrin:
number3shot
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Yeah, lets see some pictures.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Papachessie » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Take it easy there Dorothy.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby mallardman187 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:19 pm

This has got to be some dude playing a joke. If not post some pics of your duck boat.
2060 Phowler Extreme 36 PD FPR
2007 Duramax CCSB Stock for now
mallardman187
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:16 pm

mallardman187 wrote:This has got to be some dude playing a joke. If not post some pics of your duck boat.

thats what I am talking about Papa C...get your mind out of the gutter. I want to see her in waders with dead ducks, a gun, and maybe a dog.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby fwlgrl24 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:46 am

Ignore the boys... they'll do or say anything to get a picture, even call you a man.

I have a good friend from Arkansas that I go back home with to hunt... I'm up in NC but if you're serious about getting out there, let me know.
You have been banned for the following reason:
nasty duck hunter

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
fwlgrl24
hunter

Postby mallardman187 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:50 am

I don't say it to be a jackazz. For a woman to put out there that she is looking for a hunting buddy, I mean that is not something you see everyday. It tends to sound more like a joke. If she really is looking for someone to hunt with great I wish her the best of luck. I would offer an open seat in my boat but I am a long way from Florida. I totally think it is cool, woman hunters, and we absolutely need more. I currently take my nieces hunting with me every time I can and they love it.
2060 Phowler Extreme 36 PD FPR
2007 Duramax CCSB Stock for now
mallardman187
hunter

Postby fwlgrl24 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:54 am

mallardman187 wrote:I don't say it to be a jackazz. For a woman to put out there that she is looking for a hunting buddy, I mean that is not something you see everyday. It tends to sound more like a joke. If she really is looking for someone to hunt with great I wish her the best of luck. I would offer an open seat in my boat but I am a long way from Florida. I totally think it is cool, woman hunters, and we absolutely need more. I currently take my nieces hunting with me every time I can and they love it.

I wasn't talkin' about you... haha those who I was talking about know who they are :eek:
nasty duck hunter

fwlgrl24
hunter

Postby ducklady555 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:28 am

Ok. Wow. I feel as I have to defend myself now. I am a lady. I went hunting with my ex boyfriend. I have all my own gear and my own gun. Not a boat. He had the boat. In a recent Delta Waterfowl magazine it featured ladies who like to duck hunt. I don't see why this is so crazy that I also would like to have friends that duck hunt. My current friends are more into shopping and don't like hunting. But I love the thrill of the hunt and would like to continue doing it. Pictures to follow for you non believers.
ducklady555
Newb

Postby TomKat » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:38 am

ducklady555 wrote:Ok. Wow. I feel as I have to defend myself now. I am a lady. I went hunting with my ex boyfriend. I have all my own gear and my own gun. Not a boat. He had the boat. In a recent Delta Waterfowl magazine it featured ladies who like to duck hunt. I don't see why this is so crazy that I also would like to have friends that duck hunt. My current friends are more into shopping and don't like hunting. But I love the thrill of the hunt and would like to continue doing it. Pictures to follow for you non believers.

that will be great. I was a bit skeptical of FwlGrl, but she will tell you when I knew she was what she said she was, I was supportive of her.

Dont be offended; the internet is a strange place and all I was hoping to see was some proof that you are who you claim to be. We have' ex members that pose as things other than the truth. And we don't get a lot of female duck hunters.

So we welcome you and your stories, pictures, and input. You shouldn't have any problems providing those, and we certainly will be glad to have you on board.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby ducklady555 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Ok. Here is a picture. Not the best one. I woke up at 4 that morning to get ready for the hunt.
DSC00863- Resize.jpg
ducklady555
Newb

Postby Red Huck » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Have only come across two lady duck hunters in my area in the last six seasons. One was hunting with her husband the other with her brothers. Hope you can find someone to hunt with, I'm sure you will !
Red Huck
hunter

Postby ChucknLeigh » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 am

My wife has been hunting with me for over 7 years. It really helps with the dynamics. She is a great shot and killed 17 birds last year. I am always amazed at how much stuff we must pack, and some of my other buddies rag me until they ask "do you have" and of couorse we have it. We are always the first on the lake and the last one off. Several wide variety of species last year with several new wall mounts. Tripple digits of kills last year. We hunt in North Florida if you are ever intrested in hunting in this area. We are intrested in targeting new locations for hunting Pintails, Scaup, or Red Heads.
ChucknLeigh
Newb

Postby fwlgrl24 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:28 am

ducklady555 wrote:Ok. Wow. I feel as I have to defend myself now. I am a lady. I went hunting with my ex boyfriend. I have all my own gear and my own gun. Not a boat. He had the boat. In a recent Delta Waterfowl magazine it featured ladies who like to duck hunt. I don't see why this is so crazy that I also would like to have friends that duck hunt. My current friends are more into shopping and don't like hunting. But I love the thrill of the hunt and would like to continue doing it. Pictures to follow for you non believers.

Seriously... don't feel like you have to defend yourself... just ignore them.
nasty duck hunter

fwlgrl24
hunter

Postby firefighter1302 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Welcome aboard,ducklady555. Cant help ya out in FL, but I take and introduce several women duck hunting here in AR. I am sure there has got to be some there, or they're just not admitting to it. I even bet with a little encouragement, some of the shoppers would even go. Esp if they knew that some of the guys(me included), thought it was hot. Best of luck on your scout for hunting buddies and the upcomong season
firefighter1302
hunter

Postby MEATSHOT » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:10 pm

we have a couple groups of gals that come hunt with us every yr.its there vacation.lol they leave the n\men at home.they are a blast.here is my info if you find some huntin buddies and need a place to hunt in arkansas.

thanks,kenny

www.bayoubottoms.com
MEATSHOT
DHC Sponsor

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:30 am

I hunt with several women hunters all of the time. Two of them invited me to hunt with them last year on a permit hunt in NC that was simply awesome. Mattamuskeet for those of you from NC. This year I got invited to hunt with them at Ocracoke, NC from curtain blinds. We've killed deer and turkeys together as well. Some of the best hunters that I know. One of them bought my Benelli last year and is wacking everything with it. I've never hunted with Fwlgirl but from what I understand she is a great hunter as well. :thumbsup:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby agd68 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 am

I'm taking my Mrs of 25yrs out on opening day. She has hunted with me for over 28 years and last year was her first duck hunt. We only got out twice together. She got to fire some shells and miss ducks but had a ball. This year she's out for blood and heaven help the duck that crosses her path.
agd68
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:08 am

My sister-in-law is a State Champion Archer and shoots a deer for me every year. So why not a female duck hunter?
Looks like she kills ducks too.

I took my wife duck-hunting a few times. Her butt got cold but she nailed a Giant Canada Goose with her twenty-gauge.
I took her pheasant-hunting and she out shot everybody. :yes:

She used a "Remington 20 gauge lightweight special field."

That gun weighs like a bb gun but shoots three-inch shells that'll put a hurting on pheasants, ducks, and geese too if you can get them close and hit them.

Girls like to shoot stuff too. :welcome:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby kfgirl » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Why is it so hard to believe that a girl would want to hunt?? And nearly impossible to find someone to take you out!

I've had a few offers from a couple nice fellas (off this site) agree to let me tag along & teach me to hunt. Some of us didn't grow up with hunting fathers...but came across the "lifestyle" by other means. I live in the Md area and can't WAIT to get out into the fields, muck, water/boat to see some birds!

Thanks to the local library, i'm now looking at turkey hunting too!
vincentpa wrote: Even if you're Bruce Lee, you ain't the same Bruce Lee wearing waders.
kfgirl
hunter

Postby Kim in Camo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:07 am

Agreed...why is a lady duck hunter so hard to fathom??? Good lord, my mother hunted, as did my much older sister when I was a kid. I didn't shoot much more than skeet until a few years ago when I was dating my now husband. Yesterday was "girl's day" in the blind; meaning me and my black lab, Ashley. I hauled out the waders and lugged a bag of deeks plus all the other gear 1/2 mile into the marsh all by my lonesome :D.
It sure would be nice to meet other women around here as into the sport as I am, so far I only know a couple of wives who accompany their husbands but don't participate in actual hunting.
Kim in Camo
hunter

Postby kfgirl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Kim in Camo wrote:Agreed...why is a lady duck hunter so hard to fathom??? Good lord, my mother hunted, as did my much older sister when I was a kid. I didn't shoot much more than skeet until a few years ago when I was dating my now husband. Yesterday was "girl's day" in the blind; meaning me and my black lab, Ashley. I hauled out the waders and lugged a bag of deeks plus all the other gear 1/2 mile into the marsh all by my lonesome :D.
It sure would be nice to meet other women around here as into the sport as I am, so far I only know a couple of wives who accompany their husbands but don't participate in actual hunting.

i think it's sweet that the wives would at least accompany the husbands. I don't know why you'd go and not give it a try yourself though. I found a group of turkey hunters that have two ladies that shoot skeet but don't hunt. Still, they're associated with Women In The Outdoors. Maybe your local delta chapter can help you find other female duck hunters. If not, try NWTF.org to find a local chapter, and see if they can connect you with some ladies.

I do wish guys were less suspicious and more supportive of us gals trying to hunt. And would STOP looking a GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH. Sheesh...boys are stupid. :hammer:
vincentpa wrote: Even if you're Bruce Lee, you ain't the same Bruce Lee wearing waders.
kfgirl
hunter

Postby MissTeal » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:29 am

Ducklady, check into some of your local outdoor agencies (fish and game, local chapter of du/delta, etc) and ask if they offer a women's hunt event. In California we have CWA (Cal waterfowl) and they organize several women's events during the fall. Most of those events are geared towards teaching women to hunt for the first time, but it would be a great way to network! Otherwise, talk to you local sporting goods/hunt store and see if they would sponsor a B.O.W. event. Maybe you could help them organize something for an hour or two. I am sure there are a lot of guys that want to get their girlfriend/wife interested in hunting that would come down for a few hours. It could be as simple as a duck calling/wader demonstration at the hunting store and then a trip to a local bird watching place for duck identification. Good luck!
MissTeal
Newb

Postby kfgirl » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:16 pm

MissTeal wrote:Ducklady, check into some of your local outdoor agencies (fish and game, local chapter of du/delta, etc) and ask if they offer a women's hunt event. In California we have CWA (Cal waterfowl) and they organize several women's events during the fall. Most of those events are geared towards teaching women to hunt for the first time, but it would be a great way to network! Otherwise, talk to you local sporting goods/hunt store and see if they would sponsor a B.O.W. event. Maybe you could help them organize something for an hour or two. I am sure there are a lot of guys that want to get their girlfriend/wife interested in hunting that would come down for a few hours. It could be as simple as a duck calling/wader demonstration at the hunting store and then a trip to a local bird watching place for duck identification. Good luck!

Miss Teal - what is a B.O.W. event?

Our local Bass Pro shop had an NWTF event recently. Wonder if du/delta ever does one. I'd love to see a duck calling/wader demo and bird watching.
kfgirl
hunter

Next

Return to Outdoors Women Forum