Bill Duncan Memorial Inshore Fishing Tournament

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Bill Duncan Memorial Inshore Fishing Tournament

Postby dixiehokie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:17 pm

Bill Duncan “Bull Cook” Memorial Inshore Fishing Tournament - Goose Creek, NC 8/27/11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please save the date August 27th

I just wanted to get this out there as soon as i could so you guys can get it on your calendars.. a few of us on this board have been doing a small fun inshore tournament for the last few years around the Goose Creek island area.. Well, we have decided to name the tournament this year in honor of our own Bull Cook..We some great prizes that have been donated and expect a great turnout if you have any questions please contact me at billduncanfishingtourney@gmail.com

details for now..

When: Aug 27st, shotgun blast off at Mayo’s at 5:45 am you must be check at least 5 mins prior.. Check in starts at 5:15.. you will be asked to show your coolers/live wells.
Where: blast off at Mayo’s fish house ramp, weigh in TBA
Time: 5:45 blast off – Weigh in between 2pm and 3pm ( you must be within site of the scales by 3pm or you are DQed)

Cost and payout:
$35 a person.. ( $10 goes to the food for that night $5 goes to the Bill Duncan Memorial fund for his local EMT fire and rescue )
Pay for
Heaviest trout ( 25% pay out )
Heaviest ( slot ) Red ( 25% pay out )
Heaviest Flounder ( 25% pay out )
Total weight of each species ( your largest flounder, your largest red, your largest trout combined ) ( 25% pay out and the Bill Duncan Memorial Trophy)

3 people max per boat

In the event of a tie of weight in any category longest fish wins.. if still tied.. coin flip will determine the winner..

You can have live bait.
You can have dead fish.

Saturday evening pig pickin and payout-
Cocktail hour from 3:30 - 5
We will provide pig, sides, and keg beer
Payout for tournament will be announced at 5:00 dinner will be served immediately afterwards..

In the spirit of Bill Duncan, this tournament is intended to be a fun time.. a time to enjoy each other’s company while enjoying the outdoors.. and to top it off, to eat some pig!

Re: Bill Duncan Memorial Inshore Fishing Tournament

Postby dixiehokie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Also
For those of you who cannot participate in the tournament on 8-27 we have a way you can be a part of the fun and help us raise some money!

We are offering 2 raffles that we will sale tickets for from now until the day of the tournament.
All tickets will go into one pot. The first Ticket drawn will receive the Bull Cook Package the 2nd Ticket drawn will receive the GCI survival kit.
You do not need to be present to win. You will be called as soon as the drawing takes place to let you know if you won.

The Bull Cook Prize Package
Drawing on Aug 27th

Package includes but not limited to the following

Webber One Touch Gold Charcoal Kettle Grill, Charcoal, lighter fluid, Grill tools, case of hot sauce, drink Koozies, Tournament Tee shirt, 1 RM Custom Duck call , 2010 DU sponsor print, LED lights, 1case of Sundrop, and other assorted items..

The Goose Creek Island Survival Kit
Drawing on Aug 27th

Package includes but not limited to the following

1 Cuppednlocked Lanyard full of 3 ABC ( Allen Blevins Calls ) duck calls, 1 case of beer, 1 ½ gallon of Maker Mark bourbon, 1 Thermo Cell kit, Bug spray, First Aid kit, Fire extinguisher, Fishing rod combo, assorted Gulp baits, 1 -Box of Teal decoys, 2 oyster knifes, tournament tee shirt, and other assorted items.

If you would like to have a chance to win one of these great prizes you can buy tickets from me now until the day of the drawing.

Tickets are $5 each or five for $20
Proceeds of this raffel and the fishing tourney will go toward 2 VFDs.

Please email me at billduncanfishingtourney@gmail.com

And I will give you my address and further information.

Please pass this around to anyone you know who may be interested in helping.

Thanks !
DH
dixiehokie
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:39 am

Where is goose creek? I love fishing tournaments, just trying to see how far this one is from me.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby Sir Big Spur » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:44 am

grizz18 wrote:Where is goose creek? I love fishing tournaments, just trying to see how far this one is from me.

I'm pretty sure it's up in Pamlico County (If it is the right Goose Creek he's talking about, because there's a Goose Creek in SC too)
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby Willie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:00 am

Yes, Pamlico County...Hobucken, Lowland NC
Willie
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:15 am

Anyplace to stay and/or camp?
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby riverbound » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:24 am

i would love to go, i guess you just pay on site when you arrive that morning?
I have never done much salt water fishing, im a bass man. What kind of tackle would i fish with, like i know they make the gulp for salt water and ive heard its good stuff but do you just beat the banks with it or what?
riverbound
hunter

Postby dixiehokie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:04 am

Not a lot of options for camping around the area as far as I know.
I looked into it for someone else and found these..
www.riversedgefamilycampground.com
or
www.bayrivercampground.com

there is also the Bayboro house in Bayboro, or assorted hotels in New Burn or Chocowinity.

We would like to know if you plan on fishing it. So please email us if you are interested and we can get you the entry forum in the next few weeks..
We will not turn anyone away the morning of but those who don’t enter pre-tourney are not guaranteed food or drinks afterwards.

If you have questions please let me know.
dixiehokie
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:54 am

Here is the RM Call that will be donated guys....Heart of Gold for my friend Bill. Olivewood with a little 24 kt gold leaf embedded in the heart.

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Willie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Great looking call Stump!
Willie
hunter

Postby fishing79 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Its old fishing tournament but i am sure after reading the detail that that was the superb event. I want to participate such type of tournament.
fishing79
Newb

Postby trigger22 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 pm

It is being held again this year
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby Willie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Yep, weekend of June 6 I think. It's somewhere around the 6th.
Willie
hunter

Postby Willie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:43 pm

And it was a lot of fun. Good eats, good drinks, good crowd, and decent fishing...all for a good cause.
Willie
hunter

Postby dixiehokie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 pm

this years info..

Set your calenders, The Bill Duncan Memorial Inshore tourney

Many of you are setting your calendars up for the year. Please keep June 8th open to come fish with us this year. Details to come over the next few months.
Blast off and weigh in will again be at Mayo's fish house, Hobucken NC.
Times to be set.

We will be looking for sponsors and donations. Please PM me if you can donate a prize to be raffled off.
All proceeds will go to the Goose Creek Island Fire Department.

A good time was had by all last year and we hope to have another great event.

Thanks for the support!

dh
dixiehokie
hunter

Re: Bill Duncan Memorial

Postby Joe Guide » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:53 pm

We had a great turn out yesterday at the N.C. DUCKS - MR BILL DUNCAN/WW SKEET SHOOT & OYSTER ROAST on Saturday 16th at Ash Creek Skeet Shooting Club out in Pender County, N.C. First Place was a $350 half day guide trip, second place shooter got a $125 duck call, and third place shooter got a SOLDIER'S Angel T-Shirt and Fishing Cap. Some great photos of Mr. Bill and the wounded warriors told of their experiences and everyone had a great time shooting and eating Stump Sound oysters.
Mr. Nash, he had me take out a Mr. Money from England, who was "De' Shooingest Gent'man" I'd ever did meet! ***Check out [Joe Guide YOU TUBE hunting Videos]***
Joe Guide
hunter

Postby dixiehokie » Mon May 06, 2013 9:59 am

We are just about a month out from the tournament date. The fish are starting to bite.. and with the water temps slowly rising by June 8th the fishing should be, in the words of Si Robertson, on like donkey gong..

If you need a entry form please shoot me a note..
If you plan on fishing it and you have not let me know already, please do so..

Should be a great time with some great prizes..

If you cannot make the Tourney but want to support us in our effort we will be selling raffle tickets for a bunch of drawings.. you do not have to present to win.
More on this to come..

Any T-shirts that don’t sell at the tourney will also be available for purchase.. I’ll let you know what I have left.

Here is my finale list of Sponsors that have made the cut off date to be on the shirt..
if i am missing anyone please let me know, Again thanks to all these guys for the generous donations!

RM Calls
Corp investors
Farm bureau
Neuse river wood
Forbes boats
Muddy paws
Rid a pest
Hi caliber
Capt Gary
Wing lock calls
Cupped'n Locked Lanyards
Southern Municipal
Minnosote beach / Capt Dave
Spain plumbing
Rose brothers furniture
Gregory Electric

if you have any questions email me @
billduncanfishingtourney@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to a great time with some good friends!
Thanks!
dh
dixiehokie
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting