on vacation

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

on vacation

Postby GA Quackhead » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:20 pm

So guys my wife is dragging us to Pigeon Forge for a few days. Can anybody tell me if there is a store nearby that has a large selection of Carharrt clothes. And some good places to eat would be great too. Thanks Ya'll!
SHR North Elk's Hershey Reloaded "Reload"
"Leave nothing for the judges to judge!"
GA Quackhead
hunter

Re: on vacation

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:23 am

Bass Pro is right off the interstate. They had quite a few things when I was there last. I think there was a Carharrt store there somewhere, I'll try to find out for you. Also, Smoky Mountain Knife Works is on the way to Pigeon Forge, make sure to hit it up. It's supposedly the biggest knife store in the world.

As far as eating places in Pigeon Forge, I'm not real sure. There's a lot of them in Gatlinburg right up the road though.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:28 am

I guess I was mistaken. There isn't a store that just carries it. I did a search on Google and found several stores that carry Carharrt, but I don't know how much they handle. Bass Pro has some for sure, I got my overalls from there.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GA Quackhead » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Thanks Preacher!
GA Quackhead
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:55 pm

No problem. You can probably Google the same and find other places that carry it. Good luck, and tell us where you eat and what you find. :thumbsup:

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Uncle Jesse » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:26 am

If there's not a specific Carharrt store, you shouldn't have any trouble finding what you're looking for. I agree with Preacher that seems like there was one. Maybe it was in the Coleman store, which is worth checking out too.

As far as eating, my wife recommends the Old Mill restaurant. She really liked it but said it's pricey. They have a website toohttp://www.old-mill.com/. I've never tried it though.

If you have time you could drive through Cades Cove http://www.cadescove.net/auto_tour.html, just allow yourself several hours to do this though. Lots of deer and turkeys, it'll make ya want to go huntin :yes:
Jesus Saves
Uncle Jesse
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Uncle Jesse wrote:If there's not a specific Carharrt store, you shouldn't have any trouble finding what you're looking for. I agree with Preacher that seems like there was one. Maybe it was in the Coleman store, which is worth checking out too.

As far as eating, my wife recommends the Old Mill restaurant. She really liked it but said it's pricey. They have a website toohttp://www.old-mill.com/. I've never tried it though.

If you have time you could drive through Cades Cove http://www.cadescove.net/auto_tour.html, just allow yourself several hours to do this though. Lots of deer and turkeys, it'll make ya want to go huntin :yes:

I wouldn't do Cade's Cove on a weekend. If you do, go early. It is neat, but with people stopping for every deer and turkey they see, the one lane road gets pretty backed up. It gets backed up enough early in the morning. There are also times in the morning for bicyclists when vehicles aren't allowed. We went there one time and a vehicle stopped and backed everyone up because they saw a "bear." Turns out when we looked at it, it was a cow. Some people are dumb. I still like the place, and there are several picnic areas near creeks that the kids can wade in if you're taking young ones with you.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Uncle Jesse » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Preacher gives good advice :thumbsup:
Jesus Saves
Uncle Jesse
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Uncle Jesse wrote:Preacher gives good advice :thumbsup:

I try :lol3: . I've been there several times, so I figured I'd make it a little easier on him. I could have said to go Saturday afternoon. :hammer:

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GA Quackhead » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Stayed in Kodak at the HIExpress next to Bass Pro. Found lots of clothes for the kids and wife at the outlet. Best meal was Cowboys on the Water. Great seafood, waterfront (not sure what lake but there were mallards :biggrin: ), and the kids ate free. Didn't make the run to Cades this time. Been there in the past and time was limited. Always enjoy headin' to TN, folks are always nice like real country folk in GA. Wewill return again I'm sure.
GA Quackhead
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:01 pm

GA Quackhead wrote:Stayed in Kodak at the HIExpress next to Bass Pro. Found lots of clothes for the kids and wife at the outlet. Best meal was Cowboys on the Water. Great seafood, waterfront (not sure what lake but there were mallards :biggrin: ), and the kids ate free. Didn't make the run to Cades this time. Been there in the past and time was limited. Always enjoy headin' to TN, folks are always nice like real country folk in GA. Wewill return again I'm sure.

If I'd had known you would drive that far I'd have recommended Cowboy's. I always like it there. The name of the lake is Douglas.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting