Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Redbeard wrote:What?!! Only gays wear uggs?!

We didnt tell you cuz we thought it was funny to see you write tickets in them. :clapping:
pgquackstacker wrote:Maybe you guys can hunt together and touch barrels.

Redbeard wrote: I simply side step the charging dog and swiftly deliver a judo chop to the back of the neck, temporarily disabling the dog. I then apply a rear naked choke until the dog falls asleep.
User avatar
3legged_lab
hunter
 
Posts: 6351
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:12 pm
Location: klamath falls, OR Great Pacific Flyway


Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby drifter360 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:05 am

Image

A small Columbia River King at Buoy 10 last fall.
duckkillerclyde wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else always want to poke puppies in the belly?
User avatar
drifter360
hunter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Toledo WA

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby jehler » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:49 am

jr. and I are just getting into fishing walleye this year, two trips out and we haven't caught a keeper yet, jr did land this pike though last time out. put a vid up of how we handle carp also.....we've put over a thousand pounds of those bastards into the ground this year
Image
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17110
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby TomKat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:38 am

trigger_finger wrote:nice shark


Thank you. I caught him in the Kansas River using a Zebco 303 and 4 lb test line. I was usingsalmon eggs for bait.
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:49 am

jehler wrote:jr. and I are just getting into fishing walleye this year, two trips out and we haven't caught a keeper yet, jr did land this pike though last time out. put a vid up of how we handle carp also.....we've put over a thousand pounds of those bastards into the ground this year
Image


Yea Dad, stop video taping. :lol3:
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 4662
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby huntall6 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:56 am

nice Jehler.

what kind of reel and arrow does Jr. use?? i am in the market for a set-up but dont know what i should get.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.


vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
User avatar
huntall6
State Moderator
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Central IL

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Here is a few from last year. Havnt been able to fish much for the big fish so far this year due to a hand surgery, but it I will be trying for some cobia here soon.
Attachments
spec.jpg
2010-07-11spade[1].jpg
2010-07-11spade[1].jpg (21.12 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
54inchred-1-1[1].jpg
54inchred-1-1[1].jpg (42.57 KiB) Viewed 1809 times
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
User avatar
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter
 
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore of Virginia

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:25 pm

@ HGWT,

You guys keep spadefish?? :huh:

And for vinny,
Here's our most recent trip...14-20" mangroves and 17-22" Red Snapper. :thumbsup:
Image
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56117
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Heeeck yea man. Theys some good eatin feesh.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
User avatar
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter
 
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore of Virginia

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby swampwise » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Hand caught this 30 pound flathead Saturday night and ate him Sunday night. Nothing like a good fresh catfish fillet.
Image
assateague wrote:
Indawoods wrote:I had a great, great aunt born with a vestigial tail. :lol3:


That was your great, great uncle. Tell him to turn around.
User avatar
swampwise
hunter
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 1:09 am
Location: Augusta, GA

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby jehler » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:26 pm

huntall6 wrote:nice Jehler.

what kind of reel and arrow does Jr. use?? i am in the market for a set-up but dont know what i should get.

AMS retriever pro reel, innerloc glo arrow with three barb grapple and luminoc. don't screw around with anything else, if you like the sport you'll end up with these components anyway, might as well start off right
http://www.innerloc.com/Pages/prod_H2O.htm
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17110
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby grizz18 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:33 pm

HGWT- Nice speck. We usually save those for the winter. Nothing better than freezing your tell off catching specs.
Image
User avatar
grizz18
Squatch Life
 
Posts: 12766
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 am
Location: NC

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby TomKat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:36 pm

I caught this one last winter in a farm pond using a top water lure. He put up a good fight, but in the end my trusty Zebco 303 brought him in. Here he is striking the lure.

Image
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Bulldog0156 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Hey Jehler, try bottom bouncers with gold crawler harnesses on the east side of S. Leelanau in 35-45 feet of water running right around 1.4 mph. It should be about the right time of year where that works wonders on the eyeballs.
User avatar
Bulldog0156
hunter
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:51 am
Location: Glasgow, MT

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby gangrig25 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm

trigger_finger wrote:gay shoes bro


I wear uggs for the record[/quote]
canadian queer..................
gangrig25
hunter
 
Posts: 1956
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:12 am
Location: north carolina

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby huntall6 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:00 pm

jehler wrote:
huntall6 wrote:nice Jehler.

what kind of reel and arrow does Jr. use?? i am in the market for a set-up but dont know what i should get.

AMS retriever pro reel, innerloc glo arrow with three barb grapple and luminoc. don't screw around with anything else, if you like the sport you'll end up with these components anyway, might as well start off right
http://www.innerloc.com/Pages/prod_H2O.htm


thanks jehler :thumbsup:
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.


vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
User avatar
huntall6
State Moderator
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Central IL

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:08 pm

"TomKatImage


.................................... :lol: :lol: Kat', what did he hit on?... a Bloodworm? :huh: .. :lol3:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9070
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:35 pm

grizz18 wrote:HGWT- Nice speck. We usually save those for the winter. Nothing better than freezing your tell off catching specs.


I fished pretty hard last fall when they were running. No citations last year but plenty of nice fish. They never made it to the freezer though. Its hard to beat a fresh speck!
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
User avatar
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter
 
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore of Virginia

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:36 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
"TomKatImage


.................................... :lol: :lol: Kat', what did he hit on?... a Bloodworm? :huh: .. :lol3:



Caught on fishbites....the artificial bloodworm
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
User avatar
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter
 
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore of Virginia

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Bill Herian » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Jehler

You need to inform Jr that the northern pike means him no harm. Boy looks like he's holding a big soft turd.

And remember, the best tasting walleyes are 23 inches or better. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Bill Herian
hunter
 
Posts: 4077
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am
Location: breakin' hearts and blastin' farts in WI

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby vincentpa » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:51 am

Nice pics everyone! I am supremely jealous.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
User avatar
vincentpa
hunter
 
Posts: 7715
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:50 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby TomKat » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 am

Yeah, that was a bloodworm :yes:

vince, come on out, we have some farm ponds out here with sharks and killer whales that need cleaned out. You can use my Zebco.
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby jehler » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:17 am

Bulldog0156 wrote:Hey Jehler, try bottom bouncers with gold crawler harnesses on the east side of S. Leelanau in 35-45 feet of water running right around 1.4 mph. It should be about the right time of year where that works wonders on the eyeballs.

that is right where we caught that pike, got two walleye also but both a 1/4" short. we have been trolling body baits on planers and torpedo divers, maybe we'll try the bottom bouncers this time out. thanks :thumbsup:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17110
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby jehler » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:17 am

huntall6 wrote:
jehler wrote:
huntall6 wrote:nice Jehler.

what kind of reel and arrow does Jr. use?? i am in the market for a set-up but dont know what i should get.

AMS retriever pro reel, innerloc glo arrow with three barb grapple and luminoc. don't screw around with anything else, if you like the sport you'll end up with these components anyway, might as well start off right
http://www.innerloc.com/Pages/prod_H2O.htm


thanks jehler :thumbsup:

thank Preach, he turned me on to the innerloc stuff, it's gold
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17110
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby jehler » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:19 am

Bill Herian wrote:Jehler

You need to inform Jr that the northern pike means him no harm. Boy looks like he's holding a big soft turd.

And remember, the best tasting walleyes are 23 inches or better. :thumbsup:

Ha! about 3 seconds earlier that little pike tried to take his face off, he wasn't sure weather to hold it up or beat the snot out of it :lol3:

we'll be plenty happy with a 15"er let alone a 23....tonights the night though, we're feeling pretty damn sure :wink:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17110
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: berganser, CrazyYouthHunter, dave79, GomerPyle and 42 guests