new to dhc and the waterfowl sport....

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

new to dhc and the waterfowl sport....

Postby camocowboy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:00 pm

hay yall, first off i wanta say hi, iv been reading post on here bout a month... i coon hunt mostly but this season iv bought 4 doz. decoys, a boat, a lay out blind, waiders, 10 calls, new camo, and a steoger m 2000.. just to go and tray to shoot a duck!

i hunt deer, turkey, squirrel, rabbit, dove, coon, but never shot a duck or goose so after bout 2000 bucks all i have to do now is get my waterfowl license, and steel shot and ill b ready,...

and guys here in mid tn need a tag along? i can hunt just bout any day as for i work for my self..
RIDE RANK-MAKE BANK!!
SHINING TO TOP WITH CRYSTAL SPRINGS LIGHTS
camocowboy
hunter

Re: new to dhc and the waterfowl sport....

Postby camocowboy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 am

going to buy 3 doz. more decoys this week, and when they get them out im going to buy 12 ghg goose shells, i make goose silohettes and have a 19 of my own i think.....

i have everything needed to hunt but a dog and a place

im going with some guys to the old hickry draw, other than that i dont have a clue. :huh: :huh:
RIDE RANK-MAKE BANK!!
SHINING TO TOP WITH CRYSTAL SPRINGS LIGHTS
camocowboy
hunter

Postby Itchy Coyote » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:21 am

Welcome to the froums. Things are a little slow this time of year but just keep checking the forums someone will show up. They will all flock back a few week before opening day,(that is when they get the bug). Glad you forund us and hope you find someone close to help you out.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Postby PiKappCutter » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:23 am

Man I hunt around Rutherford County and the best thing I can tell you to do is to fill up the truck, grab the GPS and binoculars, and start scouting. Lots of geese feed and roost out towards Barfield Crescent, so its a good place to start. As far as ducks, I like to pick an area of the county or area I'm scouting and find all bodies of water on Google Earth/Maps. Kinda of the lazy way out but with gas prices its better for a students pocket. Ducks are a little bit harder to nail down in small numbers so it will take you a bit Priest is looking pretty darn good this year too, Hope you got a blind at Ole Hickory and if you live in the Boro and got any questions on stuff shoot me a pm.
PiKappCutter
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting