REDFISH

Fresh and salt water fishing

Moderators: Dogman, MossyGO!, Kiskadinna, WSUWESTON, Montanafowler

REDFISH

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:22 pm

K my dad and the guys are going to Galveston soon. What should they use for redfish? Techniques exc. exc.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby jjohnson_714 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:36 pm

i was just watching the outdoor channel, and they were just using their bass bait... spinners, worms, just about everything... those things are stinkin huge!!
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby ghostingrey » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:43 am

All my experience with reds is in Florida and SC but some of the best artificial baits i use there are large gold spoons and soft rubber crabs or shrimp. Live bait is always a good choice as well. I like to fish a live pinfish or shrimp under a good size styrafoam bobber. Set the bobber maybe 3-4 ft above the bait. I don't add any weight, just let the bait swim free. Fishing with dead shrimp sometime works but i always have problems with crabs stealing the bait. As for when and where to fish: work the edges of oyster bars and grass flats, or creek mouths, edges of channels, etc. I always find i do best on an outgoing tide as it forces the bait out of cover but an incoming tide can work all right. I also use the lightest tackle i can get away with but that's just me. Hope that helps, good luck
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby cvcduckhunter6 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:07 am

Im from the Galveston area and i would use spinners.....spinners....and more spinners! they love it over here man, good luck with it.

P.S.- where is he going to be fishing at, maybe i can give a couple of hot spots in the area is fishin at...
cvcduckhunter6
hunter

Return to Fishing