SE Minnesota (Winona)

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderator: hillbilly..

Re: SE Minnesota (Winona)

Postby goldfish » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:32 am

Gunnersb wrote:Bust the roost really what are you talking about!!

Lol, not sure how you are saying that (sarcasm, confusion, darn letters don't convey emotions)
xrated wrote:All work benches spend most time as disorganized piles of crap. Only to be cleaned and organized when you have no real projects but want to avoid working on projects you have avoided for the last 6 months.
goldfish
hunter

Postby shmega70 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Hey, I'm looking for some spots near Winona (preferable walkable) that I could take my kid duck hunting. I'm new to the area and you don't need to reveal your best spots but anything where there is a possibility of some game would be nice. Let me know, thanks.
shmega70
Newb

Postby BigRiver » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:33 pm

No bashing guys...

This is not a great spot, but easy to get to for a child on a walk in.

Take your kid to the Whitewater river area. There are walk in areas open to hunting. I used to walk in there when I was in college. It's a big area with plenty of room for a safe hunt. Check out maps online and you will find it.
BigRiver
"Keep scouting my friends!"

Postby pdc hunter » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:24 am

Ya i will be going to college there next year and do not know any good spots, im from prairie du chien which is about an hour and a half away
pdc hunter
Newb

Postby MNWaterfowler22 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:48 pm

goldfish wrote: Some walk in spots, but my buddy that I hunted with most of last year is in shape (round is still a shape last I checked) so he doesn't like to really fight the thickets etc for a good spot. He doesn't have waders either (I think that's on purpose because it keeps me going to get birds and not him).

Sounds like you need a hunting buddy with a dog!!!! :wink: :wink:
If that doesn't light your fire, your woods wet!
MNWaterfowler22
hunter

SE Minnesota (Winona)

Postby goldfish » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:15 am

MNWaterfowler22 wrote:
goldfish wrote: Some walk in spots, but my buddy that I hunted with most of last year is in shape (round is still a shape last I checked) so he doesn't like to really fight the thickets etc for a good spot. He doesn't have waders either (I think that's on purpose because it keeps me going to get birds and not him).

Sounds like you need a hunting buddy with a dog!!!! :wink: :wink:

I'm now the hunting buddy with the dog, lol. I'm such a giver. When I picked up that macrohen I gave him my old big river game calls mallard call, and I'm kind of regretting it because I could have used that for my loud call, lol. That thing would stick like glue after a little bit or if it got a little chilly though.
xrated wrote:All work benches spend most time as disorganized piles of crap. Only to be cleaned and organized when you have no real projects but want to avoid working on projects you have avoided for the last 6 months.
goldfish
hunter

Postby Cougar12A » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:52 am

sorry its taken so long to reply, i've been on deployment and haven't really been that active on the internet. i live in winona, and i'm buying a boat, and a puppy as soon as i get back from deployment so i'll be willing to take people out hunting if they'd like to go. so if you want to come out with me, or just want a hunting buddy in general either post back on there, or pm me and we'll get something setup.
Cougar12A
hunter

Postby firefighterdusty » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Are you guys still hunting around Winona? I have a few guys, we have been hunting between 0-4 years, if you are interested in hooking up to shoot some quackers! Email me dbarwald07@gmail.com
firefighterdusty
Newb

Postby doubletheshovel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:39 pm

I grew up in Winona and hunted that area until I went off to college. I have a few early season spots and one that could be good if you are willing to push pole a ways up a stream. PM Me if you want to know where about they are. I dont hunt them anymore and nor does anyone else I know.
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Previous

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting