SE Minnesota (Winona)

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Re: SE Minnesota (Winona)

Postby goldfish » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:32 am

Gunnersb wrote:Bust the roost really what are you talking about!!

Lol, not sure how you are saying that (sarcasm, confusion, darn letters don't convey emotions)
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby shmega70 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Hey, I'm looking for some spots near Winona (preferable walkable) that I could take my kid duck hunting. I'm new to the area and you don't need to reveal your best spots but anything where there is a possibility of some game would be nice. Let me know, thanks.
shmega70
Newb

Postby BigRiver » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:33 pm

No bashing guys...

This is not a great spot, but easy to get to for a child on a walk in.

Take your kid to the Whitewater river area. There are walk in areas open to hunting. I used to walk in there when I was in college. It's a big area with plenty of room for a safe hunt. Check out maps online and you will find it.
BigRiver
"Keep scouting my friends!"

Postby pdc hunter » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:24 am

Ya i will be going to college there next year and do not know any good spots, im from prairie du chien which is about an hour and a half away
pdc hunter
Newb

Postby MNWaterfowler22 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:48 pm

goldfish wrote: Some walk in spots, but my buddy that I hunted with most of last year is in shape (round is still a shape last I checked) so he doesn't like to really fight the thickets etc for a good spot. He doesn't have waders either (I think that's on purpose because it keeps me going to get birds and not him).

Sounds like you need a hunting buddy with a dog!!!! :wink: :wink:
If that doesn't light your fire, your woods wet!
MNWaterfowler22
hunter

SE Minnesota (Winona)

Postby goldfish » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:15 am

MNWaterfowler22 wrote:
goldfish wrote: Some walk in spots, but my buddy that I hunted with most of last year is in shape (round is still a shape last I checked) so he doesn't like to really fight the thickets etc for a good spot. He doesn't have waders either (I think that's on purpose because it keeps me going to get birds and not him).

Sounds like you need a hunting buddy with a dog!!!! :wink: :wink:

I'm now the hunting buddy with the dog, lol. I'm such a giver. When I picked up that macrohen I gave him my old big river game calls mallard call, and I'm kind of regretting it because I could have used that for my loud call, lol. That thing would stick like glue after a little bit or if it got a little chilly though.
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby Cougar12A » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:52 am

sorry its taken so long to reply, i've been on deployment and haven't really been that active on the internet. i live in winona, and i'm buying a boat, and a puppy as soon as i get back from deployment so i'll be willing to take people out hunting if they'd like to go. so if you want to come out with me, or just want a hunting buddy in general either post back on there, or pm me and we'll get something setup.
Cougar12A
hunter

Postby firefighterdusty » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Are you guys still hunting around Winona? I have a few guys, we have been hunting between 0-4 years, if you are interested in hooking up to shoot some quackers! Email me dbarwald07@gmail.com
firefighterdusty
Newb

Postby doubletheshovel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:39 pm

I grew up in Winona and hunted that area until I went off to college. I have a few early season spots and one that could be good if you are willing to push pole a ways up a stream. PM Me if you want to know where about they are. I dont hunt them anymore and nor does anyone else I know.
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Previous

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting