camo questoin

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

camo questoin

Postby Zack87 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:37 pm

I know that leaving ur camo outside is the best place to store it. I've got a 3 season porch and for the last 11 years theres been dogs going in an out and also a snowblower has been kept there in the winter. do you think I can still keep my gear out there if i air it out awhile or no it'll smell too much like human. the porch is in the back of my house right next to the woods.
Zack87
hunter

Re: camo questoin

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:14 am

Honestly, I think your safe leaving it inside. You can put it outside if you want, but in the end I don't think it's gonna matter.
ScaupHunter wrote:Oompa Loompa Loofah de do. Who wants to share a Loofa with you?
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Re: camo questoin

Postby Bill Herian » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:Honestly, I think your safe leaving it inside. You can put it outside if you want, but in the end I don't think it's gonna matter.

If you are hunting whitetails, I would hang it outside or I like to put it all in a big rubbermaid bin with some cut up pine boughs and rotten log material. After a few days it gets a real nice earthy smell that I have had great success with. You might be picking pine needles out of your crotch for awhile but it has worked well for me.

The porch should work find but I would keep the dog out while the clothes are hanging. Like I said, if you are hunting whitetails, you want as much scent control as possible, if you are hunting mulies with a rifle, not so important.
Bill Herian
hunter

Return to Big Game