need a duck hunting partner!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

need a duck hunting partner!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby bryce377 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:25 pm

i live in harvest alabama im 18 i usually hunt mud creek and swan creek.... if you wanna hunt call me or email me 256-698-5758..... last season i killed a total of 1 pintail 2 canvasbacks 12 mallards 3 mallard hens and 10 gadwalls....
bryce377
Newb

Re: need a duck hunting partner!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby 870express » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:35 pm

you still lookin for a hunting partner... i live in birmingham and never been up to guntersville but i hunt west alabama and maryland. Ive got decoys but no boat. I would love to hunt with you sometime though
870express
hunter

Postby qasas93 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:15 am

Bryce377 this is a very good idea to start this thread. I may be speaking out of line here and if so please accept my appologies. I am trying to get into duck hunting with my son and would be truley be blessed to have someone who is knowledgeable about the sport take us under there wing and show us the ropes. I have gone deer hunting, small game hunting and fishing so many times by myself and to be honest it's miserable doing it alone. I enjoy the out doors with my son and we have had allot of good laughs over the last two years, It's a bond that will never be broken and memories that will never be lost. So we are looking for a hunting partner as well mostly to learn. If anyone is interest please feel free to contact us at qasas93@cableone.net. Also if you are looking for a partner please post. We live in the Anniston, Oxford area.

Happy safe hunting folks.
qasas93
hunter

Postby alhunter » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Im like the rest of y'all just got into the sport and I have learned alot so far im in covington county that's lower Alabama so if anybody down my way wants to go Huntin hit me up I have a boat and a few spots to go just need some fine tuning on my skills. Hoping I get some decoys for christmas and learn that side of it. Thanks
alhunter
hunter

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:13 pm

im jack im 16 and i have never hunted swan creek. is there a lot of other people that hunt there to ?
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:17 pm

i dont live an hour from lake guntersville an may be an hour an half frum swan creek im 16 i got decoys and a dog but my boat moter dosnt work so i dont really have a boat. pm me if u wanna get togather.
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter

Postby Bamaducks256 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 pm

jack lowe yes there are a ton of people who hunt swan creek. and most of them will make you hate the sport but if you are committed to it and know what you are doing you can still kill decent numbers.
Bamaducks256
hunter

Postby jaker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Bamaducks256 wrote:jack lowe yes there are a ton of people who hunt swan creek. and most of them will make you hate the sport but if you are committed to it and know what you are doing you can still kill decent numbers.

yep, 9/10x that I've hunted there, I get more entertained by the jacklegs than I do from the hunting...
2009 - 2010 (My boat)

Bw Teal- 7
jaker
hunter

Postby Bamaducks256 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:49 pm

jaker wrote:
Bamaducks256 wrote:jack lowe yes there are a ton of people who hunt swan creek. and most of them will make you hate the sport but if you are committed to it and know what you are doing you can still kill decent numbers.

yep, 9/10x that I've hunted there, I get more entertained by the jacklegs than I do from the hunting...

Haha heard that did you have any blinds in the drawing?
Bamaducks256
hunter

Postby Creekmonster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:17 pm

I've been hunting swan creek all season so if you still need a hunting partner just email me at nwh925@gmail.com. I usually end up hunting alone because this is my first season and all my friends aren't interested in waking up at 3 am to walk in to a good spot, but on public land that's what you have to do unless you draw a blind.
"shots are most often lost through shooting too soon"- Theodore Roosevelt
Creekmonster
hunter

Postby Bamaducks256 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 am

Creekmonster wrote:I've been hunting swan creek all season so if you still need a hunting partner just email me at nwh925@gmail.com. I usually end up hunting alone because this is my first season and all my friends aren't interested in waking up at 3 am to walk in to a good spot, but on public land that's what you have to do unless you draw a blind.

That's not always true. I had 7 blinds draw this year and I killed just as many ducks out of my boat blind at swan creek this year than I did out of my blinds that drew this year. Killed 73 out of my boat and 76 out of my blinds.
Bamaducks256
hunter

Postby Jeff89 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:20 am

I am in the military currently in Germany but am getting moved to fort benning
And will be living around phoenix city. I really want to get into duck hunting but
I have no experience in it. Being from east Tennessee there isn't many options for
It. If anyone has any pointers, techniques, or even someone to show me the ropes when I get there would be awesome. I know you may not want to give up your honey hole but hell if you have to blind fold me haha I just want to kill me some birds. Thanks for any help anyone has.
Jeff89
Newb

Postby BamaCKC » Fri May 10, 2013 7:03 am

This upcoming season will the first season that I spend more time duck hunting than deer hunting. I have been bit by the bug. Anyways, I've been researching public land/water. I know in North Alabama there is the Big G and Swann Creek but is there any other public areas worth looking into? I know the last thing anyone wants is another yahoo buzzing by their favorite spot or setting up 80 yards from them. I'm not looking for specifics, just a starting point of public areas to look into. Thanks!
BamaCKC
Newb

Postby jack lowe » Fri May 31, 2013 2:58 pm

all public land sucks trust me, but if you can get away from everyone thats one thang buts thats easyier said than done just save your self some headaches an find sum private land to hunt
jack lowe
hunter

Postby jonboyw » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:05 am

Same here. New to the sport. 32 year old in Madison, AL. Message me. I'm looking to get started this 2013-14 winter season.
jonboyw
Newb

Postby Creekmonster » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Bamaducks256 wrote:
That's not always true. I had 7 blinds draw this year and I killed just as many ducks out of my boat blind at swan creek this year than I did out of my blinds that drew this year. Killed 73 out of my boat and 76 out of my blinds.

Really? i probably hunted out there 3 times a week or more all season and it worked well in the pond during the middle of the week but it was tough getting one bird out on the river side. I figured it was just my calling. I dont have a boat blind though. the best day i had all season i was leaned up against a tree up to my waist in the water in the pond. They seemed to just raft up on the river over by dairy rd, never really pushing in too close to the islands. I went ahead and invested in some more greenhead dekes so now i have 6 1/2 dozen blocks of mallard actives, feeders, sleepers,tippers and some pintails, widgeon, gadwall, and GWT thrown in hoping to improve my spread. any advice?
Creekmonster
hunter

Postby Bamaducks256 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Creekmonster I hunted out there mainly during the week but I hunted bout 6 days a week out there and I killed 4 of all those ducks out there on the raft on the river in my boat blind one day. Just some of the divers got up out of that raft and flew to close to the boat. But what road do you normally use. I use west dyke rd. if you ever see a grey lifted Chevy 2500hd with a winch on the front that's me.
Bamaducks256
hunter

Postby Creekmonster » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Bamaducks256 wrote:Creekmonster I hunted out there mainly during the week but I hunted bout 6 days a week out there and I killed 4 of all those ducks out there on the raft on the river in my boat blind one day. Just some of the divers got up out of that raft and flew to close to the boat. But what road do you normally use. I use west dyke rd. if you ever see a grey lifted Chevy 2500hd with a winch on the front that's me.

Im all over really. Ive used west dike alot for walking in to the pond once the water is up. Ive hunted off of dairy road a couple times and ive walked in all the way to the river along swan creek (bridge where everybody goes fishing) and ive hunted the river side of west dike. Today i hunted the river just to avoid all the craziness in the pond since its opening day and i brought home a single gad. Im having fun just chasing the "X" and i'm not looking for someone to give away their honeyhole, but a little advice might be nice. I'm seriously considering investing in a boat blind ,since my 14 ft jon is a bit of a hassle to hide and all, but i figured it would be hard to find spots in the pond to set up a boat blind outside of 150 yds from a blind.
Creekmonster
hunter

Postby Bamaducks256 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 am

If you hunt during the week it's not that hard to find a place to hunt out of your boat blind but it does make it harder when the water is low. But when the water gets up a lil more than it is now it ain't bad
Bamaducks256
hunter

Postby Bamaducks256 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:10 am

Also you can hunt within 150 yards of a blind as long as no one is hunting that blind
Bamaducks256
hunter

Postby Duckbenelli » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:07 pm

I am just starting duck hunting. I live in muscle shoals. Would love to to go with a seasoned vet. I am off work a lot during the week too. Just holler. . Pm me Name is Bart
Duckbenelli
Newb

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting