You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby g_maxson » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:14 am

spartansfan wrote:just to make everyone happy they should close 2 random days in october and give the jan 1 and 2 hunt and the dec. 9 10th hunt

Can't, your allowed one split per zone. So as soon as you closed your 2 random days in a row and reopened, you used your only split for that zone.
g_maxson
hunter

Postby 4drakes » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:05 am

what excuses am i making. To sound good about what. You don't even know me.I am just dissipointed about the date changes thats all, So lets all get along and enjoy the hunt. People like you confirm why i really have second thoughts about posting anything on this or any site. Have a nice day and stop the hate.
4drakes
hunter

Postby spartansfan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:29 am

so for the most part what i have gathered from me and all of my friends that hunt and what has been posted on MS is that the split benefited the diver hunters the most. nearly anyone i know that went diver hunting slayed them. as for mallards it wasnt as good as the jan 1. 2 split for everyone but there was a good amount in the area and people limited on them if the scouted a bit.
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Postby patrick.carrington » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:30 pm

spartansfan wrote:so for the most part what i have gathered from me and all of my friends that hunt and what has been posted on MS is that the split benefited the diver hunters the most.

could not have said it better my self

4drakes wrote:what excuses am i making. To sound good about what. You don't even know me.I am just dissipointed about the date changes thats all, So lets all get along and enjoy the hunt. People like you confirm why i really have second thoughts about posting anything on this or any site. Have a nice day and stop the hate.

This is why we have a topic called DEAD FORUM!!!!! Maybe 4drakes is one of those guys that works in a place you have to have your off days in about 120 days in advance and took the 31,1 off and not the 10 and 11. Hes right, you dont know him so find someting constructive to hate on.

So we gave this last weekend a chance and it was just like we suspected. 5 days for a split is not a split in my mind and it blew. I would say that we did ok tho. 3 bands all banded out of state in canada. We found some heavy feeds but still could not get permission to hunt because of mussel loaders saying they had a crappy deer season and were still tring to kill the big bucks. I think im going to take your advise waterfowler, Im moving out west hahaha, but for real I am moveing there. This state to kill anything without a tone of effort just sucks, we dont have phesants, grouse are getting thinner by the year, even deer hunters are getting moody. You guys win. Im out. This state is so stuck in the past and unwilling to chance anything for any season that it most likly never will. I think alot of guys diver hunt because there success rate is much higher killing divers than puddlers and if I could, so would I. There fast and hard to kill. For me personally though, I would rather be in a place were big game has options, not just deer, elk and bear and good luck getting a tag. I would love a spring snow season and huge flocks of mallards and other species comming into my field in oct. A place were you can hunt 10 months out of the year and the ppeople are friendly which i think MI has forgottten what that words means. I wish you all a great late season for geese and good ice fishing. Merry chrsitmas as well. Later Homee's
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter

Postby msuducknut » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:50 pm

spartansfan wrote:so for the most part what i have gathered from me and all of my friends that hunt and what has been posted on MS is that the split benefited the diver hunters the most. nearly anyone i know that went diver hunting slayed them. as for mallards it wasnt as good as the jan 1. 2 split for everyone but there was a good amount in the area and people limited on them if the scouted a bit.

yup and plenty of guys I know had some darn good mallard shoots. Even in SW and Central MI :huh:
msuducknut
hunter

Postby spartansfan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 pm

msuducknut wrote:
spartansfan wrote:so for the most part what i have gathered from me and all of my friends that hunt and what has been posted on MS is that the split benefited the diver hunters the most. nearly anyone i know that went diver hunting slayed them. as for mallards it wasnt as good as the jan 1. 2 split for everyone but there was a good amount in the area and people limited on them if the scouted a bit.

yup and plenty of guys I know had some darn good mallard shoots. Even in SW and Central MI :huh:

i thought the birds in SW didnt migrate till late january according to them :lol: :lol: but the late goose season should be excellet with they way the weather has been and lack of snow.
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:57 pm

There are lots of ducks around. Just posted some pics of my back yard See topic "back yard Pics" :thumbsup:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby spartansfan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:14 pm

i would love for zone 3's opener to be open a week or 2 later with how many birds there are right now. but i guess a lot of the guys out at harsens conmplain about it bc they get less huntable days then....
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Postby Jim1648 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:40 am

Msuducknuts, do I know you? If so, tell me what I win.
Jim1648
hunter

Postby msuducknut » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:11 am

Jim1648 wrote:Msuducknuts, do I know you? If so, tell me what I win.

not that I know of? theres another guy on here that has msu something, maybe thats him.........never actually been to msu before in my life, just love those Spartans!
msuducknut
hunter

Postby spartansfan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:21 pm

msuducknut wrote:
Jim1648 wrote:Msuducknuts, do I know you? If so, tell me what I win.

not that I know of? theres another guy on here that has msu something, maybe thats him.........never actually been to msu before in my life, just love those Spartans!

weird... haha
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Postby Jim1648 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:24 pm

This ducknuts guy does seem kinda wierd now that you mention it.. I could have swore I knew him, oh well.
Jim1648
hunter

Postby spartansfan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Jim1648 wrote:This ducknuts guy does seem kinda wierd now that you mention it.. I could have swore I knew him, oh well.

ya same here. i might have even of met him in person. must have been a dream
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Postby Jim1648 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:32 am

spartansfan wrote:
Jim1648 wrote:This ducknuts guy does seem kinda wierd now that you mention it.. I could have swore I knew him, oh well.

ya same here. i might have even of met him in person. must have been a dream

A man of his stature, it only could have been a dream...
Jim1648
hunter

Previous

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting