Cordoba

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Cordoba

Postby Netstar1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:10 pm

I just recently purchased a Cordoba 20 gauge for the dove opener. I love the way it shoots. Anyone shooting a 12 gauge Cordoba for ducks? I'm tempted to put the Benelli M2 aside and try the 12ga Cordoba.
Netstar1
hunter

Re: Cordoba

Postby wtrfowl07 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:01 am

You could look at getting an SBE for ducks they can be found in great condition for around 800. I paid 840. The cordoba is nice if you want a 3 shooter. I will stick with the SBE.
wtrfowl07
hunter

Postby DirtyRic » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:29 am

My brother was using a 12 cordoba for waterfowl last season. Only issues was the magnum 3" shells were causing the bolt to damage the inside of the upper reciever and he ended up selling it cabelas. Until that happend, the gun shot and patterned really well....
fowlhunter wrote:If it decoys chances are it's not leaving!
DirtyRic
hunter

Postby Uncle Jesse » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:50 pm

DirtyRic wrote:My brother was using a 12 cordoba for waterfowl last season. Only issues was the magnum 3" shells were causing the bolt to damage the inside of the upper reciever and he ended up selling it cabelas. Until that happend, the gun shot and patterned really well....

I think that's a common thing with Benellis. I've had 3 and they all did it.
Jesus Saves
Uncle Jesse
hunter

Postby lattehead » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:52 am

Last edited by lattehead on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lattehead
hunter

Postby Netstar1 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 am

Lattehead, how did you add the extra weight? (Lead tape?)
Netstar1
hunter

Postby lattehead » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:08 am

Last edited by lattehead on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lattehead
hunter

Postby cdm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:56 pm

When the Cordoba first came out I bought two of them. one in 28'' one in 30'' I ended up selling the 28'' to a friend and shot the 30'' for a year.

I chose the 30'' because I also have a super sport in 30''.

I felt the 30'' was way too long for the duck blind. too big with extended choke and all.

I have not had any problems with mine with only 5,000+ rounds through it other than the black paint/bluing rusted very quickly as compared to other guns. I do not know if this is a Benelli problem or a problem I created on my own due to neglect at some time. I own many Benelli's and have not had this problem with any of them besides the Cordoba.

*the ported barrel makes for a cool flash when shooting in low light conditions.

overall opinion of the gun

not my first choice for waterfowl but for upland and or dove, you can't beat it.
cdm
Banned

Postby Woodyard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:40 pm

cdm wrote:

*the ported barrel makes for a cool flash when shooting in low light conditions.

I'd think it would be a bit tough on your blind partners' ears, which would not be "cool."
2011-12:
Mourning doves 49
Buck antelope 1
Buck mule deer 1
Mallards 97
Wood ducks 3
Greenwing teal 24
Bluewing teal 2
Ring necks 8
Pintails 3
Wigeon 1
Gadwalls 1
Shovelers 2
Redheads 1
Canvasbacks 1
Bands 2
Woodyard
hunter

Postby cdm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Woodyard wrote:
cdm wrote:

I'd think it would be a bit tough on your blind partners' ears, which would not be "cool."

who are you referring to as "blind partner"?

my dog?
other hunters?

I have let my friends shoot this gun and I do not notice it being any louder?

Please explain.
cdm
Banned

Postby Woodyard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:45 pm

I mean other people in close proximity to you. And/or your dog. If it doesn't bother them, I guess it's cool. I've had guys shoot ported sporting clays guns next to me in duck blinds and really ring my ears. The Cordoba is a nice handling gun.
2011-12:
Mourning doves 49
Buck antelope 1
Buck mule deer 1
Mallards 97
Wood ducks 3
Greenwing teal 24
Bluewing teal 2
Ring necks 8
Pintails 3
Wigeon 1
Gadwalls 1
Shovelers 2
Redheads 1
Canvasbacks 1
Bands 2
Woodyard
hunter

Postby gaquackster » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:15 pm

I just bought the cordoba about 4 months ago and have done a good bit of shooting with it and have always wiped it down with clp afterwards and if I leave it in the benelli case it will get a little bit of surface rust if I leave it out say in a corner it gets a touch even when I put it in my safe with a moisture removing rod. is this a benelli problem? or is it a finish problem? I owned a m2 and it was dunked several times during duck season and never saw one spot of rust.
Hunting Isn't A Hobby To Me, It's A Way Of LIFE
gaquackster
hunter

Postby B-Boy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:44 pm

gaquackster wrote:I just bought the cordoba about 4 months ago and have done a good bit of shooting with it and have always wiped it down with clp afterwards and if I leave it in the benelli case it will get a little bit of surface rust if I leave it out say in a corner it gets a touch even when I put it in my safe with a moisture removing rod. is this a benelli problem? or is it a finish problem? I owned a m2 and it was dunked several times during duck season and never saw one spot of rust.

I have used my 12-ga Cordoba in a duck blind for the last 2 years. I clean it and wipe it down with a silicon cloth after each hunt before it goes back into the safe. It doesn't have a spec of rust on it anywhere. The guys I hunt with don't mind the ported barrel and don't seem to notice any additional noise either. The only ones who might mind the Cordoba are the ducks, but they don't say much when they're in my freezer. :lol3:
Benelli - Cordoba (20 ga. & 12 ga.)
Browning - 725 Sporting (12 ga.), Maxus (Hunter & MAX-4 Stalker)
Franchi - Renaissance (20 ga.)
B-Boy
hunter

Postby HunterCedar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:03 pm

I am new to the forum and that's the first time I hear the bolt is damaging the top of the receiver.
Where it is wearing exactly and damaging it?
I understand if the bolt hit the back of the receiver but not sure why the bolt will touch the upper receiver?
HunterCedar
Newb

Postby mudpack » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:06 am

DKC wrote: I own over 10 benelli autos...

Geewhilikers, DK, for what you paid for those you could have had a Beretta!
mudpack
hunter

Postby Slugo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:02 pm

The 20 gauge Cordoba is a 5 star gun!
Support our Troops...
Slugo
hunter

Postby Uncle Jesse » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:10 am

HunterCedar wrote:I am new to the forum and that's the first time I hear the bolt is damaging the top of the receiver.
Where it is wearing exactly and damaging it?
I understand if the bolt hit the back of the receiver but not sure why the bolt will touch the upper receiver?

It is the back of the receiver but it's the inside upper back. The top of the bolt is what hits. I bought a new M1 20 gauge. After shooting less than a box, it had receiver damage. I forgot to look before I shot it though. In my opinion, it's nothing to worry about because it is minimal and doesn't seem to get worse over time.
Jesus Saves
Uncle Jesse
hunter

Postby B-Boy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:54 pm

mudpack wrote:...for what you paid for those you could have had a Beretta!

Been there. Done that. I sold both of my Beretta's after I bought my Cordoba. No comparison. The Cordoba fit me much better than the Beretta's (AL-391 Teknys and AL-391 stalker). They are all good guns, but you need find the one that works best for you. For me, in a duck blind or on a sporting clays course, that's the Cordoba. Having said that, I would still pick an M2 over the Cordoba for a pure hunting gun. I'm not a fan of the ported barrel, but my hunting buddy's don't seem to notice any additional sound.
Benelli - Cordoba (20 ga. & 12 ga.)
Browning - 725 Sporting (12 ga.), Maxus (Hunter & MAX-4 Stalker)
Franchi - Renaissance (20 ga.)
B-Boy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum