ATVs for sale on Ebay?????

Camping, Hiking, ATV, Snowmobiling, GeoCaching

Moderator: LaRedneck

ATVs for sale on Ebay?????

Postby Woodman » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:25 pm

Anyone buy an ATV on Ebay. Looking through ebay you see a lot of 2004 and 2005 4 wheelers for sale decked out at low prices. Anywhere between $2500 and $3000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Honda-Foreman-ES-free-shipping_W0QQitemZ4612511058QQcategoryZ6726QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Most of the time you contact the seller you find out they are listed out of the country. If you look at the sellers feedback it always says they have excellent feedback. Am I just being too cautious or do you think that it the old saying "if it sounds to good to be true, it is."
Woodman
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:50 pm

be VERY cautious when buying large $$$ stuff on ebay... one of my cousins boyfriends "sold" a motorcycle on ebay... however after receiving the funds he didnt send the bike... on the bright side he got thrown in jail because of it, but it took the buyer quite a while to get the money back cause the idiot spent it on stuff... plus there was the lawyer fees... etc.... so i personally would just look locally, or if i was really interested and won the bid i would go and personally pick the item up and exchange cash then...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby Marshwalker » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:05 pm

I would not by one online. people always sell like cars boats and even houses. unless you plan on going wherever and looking first hand at it i wouldnt do it.
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:27 pm

Im with jjohnson be very careful. But alot of these guys bought there ATVs and they are almost brand spankin new on ebay.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Re: ATVs for sale on Ebay?????

Postby PnR_Productions » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:11 pm

I bought Quad off ebay back in the day, you just have to look at the persons rating and # of sells and go by that. Also if you can contact the person selling it that's not a bad idea.
P&R Productions
2013 Count:
Too many to count ;)
Would someone please pay me to hunt cuz this college stuff takes up to much hunting time!
PnR_Productions
hunter

Postby matte » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:33 am

Found this in the vehicle section on here. dont know if its the same thing your finding but at least its good knowledge.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=153324
matte
hunter

Postby eonri99 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:51 pm

I am not really that moved with buying ATVs on ebay. I have chanced upon quite a number of them and 3 out of the 4 I have checked for quality has been not ranking well. The thing is that most of them are solved over the internet so you can't run after them when something terrible goes with it.

It is better to buy at your local sort of thrift store at a steeper price then go with something not at par in terms of quality.
eonri99
Newb

Postby dakotashooter2 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 am

Name brand ATV's or oddball ones. I know some guys buy a shipping container full of foreign made, scooters, motorcycles, Atvs and etc. then resell them.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Return to Outdoor Activities