Welcome To Kansas: Rules To Post By (please read)

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Welcome To Kansas: Rules To Post By (please read)

Postby Mallyard » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Hey everyone,

I know everyone, like myself, is very passionate about waterfowl hunting. I think its awesome there is a place we can all join up and discuss this wonderful sport. I want to welcome all the new guys on the forum, and I hope you guys check in often and share your experience and knowledge, aswell as learn from others. That's why we have this forum.
I wanted to go over a few basic rules, laws of the land, whatever you want to call them. I understand we have a lot of newer posters that may not be as forum savvy as some of the old timers.

First off I wanted to talk about Internet scouting. Internet scouting is the use of message boards and forums to find where birds are holding up, or where other hunters are having the most success. Guys, put some gas in your truck and find a flight pattern, food source, roost, or watering hole. Also please do not post locations of where you have had success. If you'd like to make a generalized statement about the state or even your region go for it. Just keep public areas, towns, rivers, lakes, etc. out of your observations and comments. Believe me, there are people who, because of your post, will show up to your favorite spots.

I would also like to talk about arguing on the board... Not tolerated. No name calling, yo mamma jokes, or fat jokes allowed. I assume we've all graduated the 5th grade. If you have beef, take it to a PM or moderator. Enough said.

If any of you guys can think of anything else that might need to be added to the Rules To Post By. Please let me know. Again thanks guys for visiting the forum and sharing stories and advice. And if anyone ever needs anything, feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks again,
/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Welcome To Kansas: Rules To Post By (please read)

Postby TomKat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:25 am

I agree with what you have written...I have never seen this board act the way, say, the VA board acts.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby duckdozer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:27 am

Looks good man.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby river rats » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:56 pm

How am i supposed to know where to hunt if nobody is giving giving their hotspots out? ha.
river rats
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:26 pm

LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Just call me...Crackshot » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:04 pm

I like this, tell them whose boss :hammer:
WTN10 wrote:That's a million dollar house in the background and Doc is climbing around on a Bargain Bin deer stand.

Rich people are 'tards.
Just call me...Crackshot
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Mallyard wrote: Not tolerated. No name calling, yo mamma jokes, or fat jokes allowed. I assume we've all graduated the 5th grade. If you have beef, take it to a PM or moderator. Enough said.

Thanks again,
/\/\allyard

Please remember this section is non-applicable if you are from Johnson County. :lol3:
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby earlyriser20 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:30 pm

I have a feeling ill run into some true jocos tomorrow...jsut one question, if i see any of yuall tomorrow i may have to borrow your bug spray, theyre gonna be think tom morning! Good luck everyone!
You know you love to waterfowl when you miss half the superbowl picking up decoys.
earlyriser20
hunter

Postby sself » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:44 pm

earlyriser20 wrote:I have a feeling ill run into some true jocos tomorrow...jsut one question, if i see any of yuall tomorrow i may have to borrow your bug spray, theyre gonna be think tom morning! Good luck everyone!

I'm from joco, so I'll see ya in the morning. I'm too stingy to loan out bug spray though.
sself
hunter

Postby soot87 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:40 am

Sounds good. When I first came to this forum I didn't even know what internet scouting was and got roasted but I spent the time and went scouting this season and found some water near some food and have put a couple birds down.
Bang Bang, Splash Splash
soot87
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am

soot87 wrote:Sounds good. When I first came to this forum I didn't even know what internet scouting was and got roasted but I spent the time and went scouting this season and found some water near some food and have put a couple birds down.

:thumbsup:
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mudpack » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:09 am

soot87 wrote: When I first came to this forum I didn't even know what internet scouting was and got roasted ...

Oh, you knew what is was....you just didn't know what it was called. :biggrin:

I'd say the mods and the good folks on here have pretty much kept this (Kansas Duck Hunting) one of the premier forums on the internet. Good job, y'all.
mudpack
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting