Hunting in Central CO

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Hunting in Central CO

Postby goosenduck » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and pretty new to living in Colorado. I'm in the Military and I live about 30 minutes south of Colorado Springs and 30 minutes West of Pueblo (near Canon City). I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on hunting around that area. I don't really need specifics, but just a general idea of some good spots to hunt. I was thinking about Pueblo Reservoir or along the Arkansas river. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with any of those places, or recommendations for anywhere else to look. Thanks for the help.
goosenduck
Newb

Re: Hunting in Central CO

Postby shootable Goose » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:25 pm

If your willing to drive up north past Denver it's pretty good up there. But for down south, the Arkansas river holds slot of ducks and geese. I personally have never hunted it but I know people who have and they did pretty good. I fished the Arkansas this summer and saw lots of mergansers and Canadian geese. Hope this helps
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby drhudson » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:01 pm

if it helps at all we always do good at eleven mile in the early season. PM me if u need any more specifics.
drhudson
hunter

Postby Theophilus » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:47 am

I live in the Springs and although I haven't hunted that particlar area I've wanted to for some time so if you're looking for a partner give me a shout.
Theophilus
Newb

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting