Jerkey Makers

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Jerkey Makers

Postby tealslayerblw » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:50 pm

how much did you guys pay for youre jerkey makers? just curious i really wana start making some any good recipies?
tealslayerblw
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:38 pm

A dehydrator is only about 40 bucks.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:25 am

I tried to find it but at sportsmanguide.com i bought one for 20 bucks, but i think it was a close-out sale.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jumpshooter » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:36 pm

have any of you tried it in the stove I was wanting to but dont know where to start. how long and at what heat?
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
jumpshooter
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:41 pm

my suggestion would be look up a recipe on the DU site they have some good one but the main thing would be keep your heat low so the jerkey doesn't dry out to fast, but i would also suggest investing in a dehyrator so you can set it and walk away and not have to worry about jerkey hawgin all the space in you stove.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jumpshooter » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:44 pm

well I got some done in the stove and it turned out very good. I made so duck, pheasent and deer the duck turned out the best the rest I need to play with the recipes some more. but all turned out good.
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
jumpshooter
hunter

Postby decoydog2 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:34 pm

What is a jerky maker. Do you mean that tube thingy that spits out that mushy flat crap?
I want to be Mike Gagne when i grow up!
decoydog2
hunter

Postby Penguine » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:29 pm

Go to a store (Cabelas, Bass Pro, Scheels, Dicks, Gander Mountain, where-ever) and grab a package and read the back. I bought some LEMS and it has directions for both strips and burger, for the dehydrator and the stove. It is really easy. I recently ground up the last 20lbs of venison in my freezers and am in the process of making jerky. I can only do 4lbs at a time and it takes 6-7 hours.. ugh.. So here I am on day 4 with 4lbs to go and can not start it till about 7pm. *weeps*
Penguine
hunter

Postby maddiedog » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:56 pm

Dude just buy the Hi-Mountain mix. My favorite is pepper/garlic. $7 will go a long way. Just follow the directions. I like the whole muscle jerky.
maddiedog
hunter

hey i bought some hi mountinan jerkey

Postby yakima hunter » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:13 pm

it was made for goose but do u think it matters if i make it with duck. Dont call me a dumbass if this sounds dumb and also i need a good recipe for duck breast no bacon wraps or terraki marinade something new
yakima hunter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking