Mercer Youth Hunt

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

Mercer Youth Hunt

Postby Greg M » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:16 am

First time poster here, after being a lurker for 2 years. My 12 year old son was drawn for the 10/1 youth watefowl hunt at Mercer :grooving: (my 10 year old and I were skunked in the draw!!! -- I'm officially 0 for 20 years with draw hunts in Ohio and Indiana, where I used to live).

Any tips, hints, experience, or advice anyone is willing to share so I can increase my son's chances? I've never hunted Mercer (or actually been there for that matter), so I'm heading into this blind. Feel free to email me if you want. I appreciate all info and will gladly reciprocate with any requested reports/info on NW Ohio/Lake Erie Marshes as I live in Maumee.

Thanks!!!

Greg.
Greg M
hunter

Re: Mercer Youth Hunt

Postby jsa » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:57 am

Greg M wrote:First time poster here, ...

...I appreciate all info and will gladly reciprocate with any requested reports/info on NW Ohio/Lake Erie Marshes as I live in Maumee.
Thanks!!!
Greg.

Let me be the first to say that you must have done your homework. You offered to trade info on your first post Nice! :thumbsup:

I wish I had anything else to offer, but I've never hunted there. Good luck, and ....... :welcome:
jsa
State Moderator

Re: Mercer Youth Hunt

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:03 am

There's a little information if you type Mercer in the search box.

Congrats on the draw. :thumbsup:

On another note I am not calling fowl on the State yet I looked through all the draws and am statistically challenged by the number of draws by the same person and/or family. Anyone else look at it and think it odd? I am not a stats guy.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting