I finally made it

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

I finally made it

Postby airborneduckhunter » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:27 am

Well, I just arrived to Fort Richardson/Anchorage yesterday. I know season is open and I am behind. I gotta hurry up and find a place to stay so I can get hunting. Hello to all the locals and good luck this season. I am hoping to find a place to get me a Harlequin as I have dreamt about them since I learned I was headed up here. Any help would be appreciated. Hello again to all. :hi:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Re: I finally made it

Postby vertical_edge_800 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Congrats on the best duty station ever! I'm stationed on camp pendleton in california, I get out of the marine corps at the end of this month and will be moving back there for good by early october. I'd be glab to take you out, I hunt puddle ducks.
2nd Battalion, 1st Marines "The Professionals"
vertical_edge_800
hunter

Postby Black Brant » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:43 pm

:welcome: Would like to be able to give you some pointers but I live 650 miles away, Cold Bay, and have never hunted up there, good luck, and thank you for your service to our country.
Black Brant
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:07 am

BB I saw that you were way out there, and saw your posts for the Pacific traveler. Awesome start to the season. Thanks for your support.
Vert, Are you just getting out or retiring? Either way thanks for the invite. I have only ever hunted puddlers, so that is no problem.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby vertical_edge_800 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:31 am

I'm getting out. A few too many trips to the sandboxes for my liking. Speaking of that... how long will you be in anchorage before you ship out?
2nd Battalion, 1st Marines "The Professionals"
vertical_edge_800
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:09 pm

Before the end of the year. Trip number 4 for me.
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Your not behind, the big ducks haven't pushed down yet so get your crap ready because it gets hot-n-heavy quick :thumbsup:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby airborneduckhunter » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Yeah in the process of buying my first house so I can't hunt til I get moved in ...in a few more weeks. I been seeing hunters all weekend and just getting frustrated but I know the wait will be worth it.
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting