Oconee WMA

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Oconee WMA

Postby benjamin.a.young » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Quick question; Which Waterfowl inpoundment is the non-quota hunt area. The one on the north side of HWY 16 or the south side?
Live...Love...HUNT!
benjamin.a.young
hunter

Re: Oconee WMA

Postby Dep6 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:13 am

Believe it is the one on the South if I remember right, been a few years since I was over there. Might call DNR and ask to be sure.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby twg67 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:38 am

From the DNR website

Waterfowl hunting is allowed in impoundments one and two through quota hunts and in impoundment 3 (south of Hwy 16) on a first come - first served basis, Saturday mornings only during the state waterfowl season. Competition for quota slots is high, and it normally requires a rejection notice to be selected for impoundments one or two. All hunters are required to sign in at the sign in board on the north side of GA Hwy 16. Blinds are not provided, however there is a handicapped accessible blind available on impoundment one. Small boats without motors are allowed.
twg67
hunter

Postby benjaminayoung » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Went and took a look at it today..... No water in any of the inpoundments. Funny note though, I've never scouted on my bike before.
Most Common phrases out of a duckers mouth:
Why couldn't you have been born a duck!!!
OH S*&T, DUCKS!
Damn tweedy bird, you about got shot.
There's a whole bunch of duc..oh wait, tweety birds.
I about turned this mosquito into a duck
I just got ate up
benjaminayoung
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting