Info on WVA Ducks???

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

Info on WVA Ducks???

Postby nycumnick » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:06 am

Hello fellow duck hunters. I live in western side of VA close to Bath County/Highland County. I am looking for a good river to hunt in West Va. I could go along the coast of VA, but I'm not big on saltwater and killing sea ducks/divers. I would like to hunt some flooded timber or big rivers in WVA. Are there any good spots? Any guide services or outfitters in WVA that are good? Just trying to get in to it more and there are not any good spots in western VA that I know of.
Thanks!
nycumnick
Newb

Re: Info on WVA Ducks???

Postby WOODIE13 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:28 pm

You would be better off hunting Kerr/Gaston Lake, Lake Moomaw, Jackson River or push forward to the Potomac, Doah or Rapp rivers. Unless you want to drive to the OH/WV side, you get a lot more shooting east, unless you are in it for the sunrise and coffee with friends, which I am sure is a plus, but stay east, you will have more fun, ask me how I know.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby nycumnick » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Alright! Thanks woodie! I will check in on the spots! How do you know???
nycumnick
Newb

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:45 pm

I just moved from Northern VA to WV. You could even check out the James, New and a few other places there. Knock on some doors too, never know what may come of it.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby iNsAnE_DUCK_sLaYeR » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Theres a guide service on the New River. They do fishing/duck/goose on rafts
iNsAnE_DUCK_sLaYeR
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Think that is an early season option, class 3+ rapids do not work out well late season.
WOODIE13
hunter

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting