switching bow company's

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

switching bow company's

Postby birddog crazy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:18 pm

I use to shoot marten bows but I had a string failure right before opening day last year, so i ended buying a mathews z7 cause it was the only thing around in stock which was ok, until i got to shoot a PSE EVO yesterday. I tell you THE PSE dream season EVO is faster according to the chronograph by 20 fps, smoother draw, and is more accurate in my hands. I think PSE is going to give mathews a run for the money this year because of this bow.
I was wondering if anyone else had a EVO yet?
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Re: switching bow company's

Postby Bill Herian » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Havent shot the PSE but the Z7 shoots like a dream. A lot of people are ripping on mathews these days. It is true that other companies have caught up with mathews but they have done a good job staying ahead of the curve.

Try a mathews Passion. If I had the dough that would be my next purchase. Best bow on the market right now.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:55 pm

my z7 just did'nt feel right on arrow release, it was tuned perfect, and shot good but the evo had less vibration on release plus did cut my groups by at least by half. A lot of it might had been the fact that it was a shorter axel to axel which i like a longer axel to axel and just my mind set. The z7 shot very small groups but i did get the evo to shoot smaller groups
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckschooler » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:37 am

Have you guys seen the new bowtech Invasion CPX? It looks truly beastly wish I had cash flow.

I have never shot a PSE or considered one but after reading reviews and hearing firsthand that'll be on my "list" for my next bow. My buddy has a z7 and I've shot it and I liked it quite a bit but I wasn't so impressed it'd be my next bow.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:32 am

have you checked out Quest and Prime bows? they might be just what your looking for. I shoot a Quest and its a very smooth shooter, as well my friend shoots a Prime and he loves it!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby fishfurlife » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:55 pm

No way a speed bow is a smoother draw than the Z7. I shoot a Z7 and have shot a Bowtech Destroyer and a PSE Dream Season recently that were not smooth draws at the same draw weight as my bow. I also shot a 60# destroyer that had a pretty smooth draw but it should while pulling 10 pounds less than I pull with the Z7.
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:55 pm

sorry to dissappoint you but my pse is smoother than my mathews was and after todays shooting I can very honestly say it outshot my mathews on accuracy. I destroyed several arrows with field points today and my mathews never did group that tight at all with field points or broadheads. I will be shooting my 3 blade hellrazors tomorrow to see how the pse does with them.
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby fishfurlife » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:42 pm

We all have opinions and I am not going to Argue over opinions. I will say that I quit shooting the same spot with multiple arrows a long time ago because of ruining arrows and fletchings. Lots of things make a bow shoot well or not and the majority of that is whether a bows accessories are tuned properly. I am not saying any bow is more or less acurate because with today's technology the user is the limiting factor on accuracy, not the bow.
fishfurlife
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:56 pm

in reality I was not argueing with your opinion versus mine, just stating a fact that the PSE I OWNED VERSUS THE MATHEWS I OWNED with both being tuned proper I had better accuracy out of the PSE. I use nothing but free standing 3D targets for practice in real world shooting options like from a blind or deer stand so as such I am limited to a kill zone with that in regards it means I have to shoot for the same area of target unless I want to get out of a stand after every arrow has been shot.
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Decoy King » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:33 pm

I shoot a Hoyt Turbohawk! It's an extremely wonderful bow an i love it! I used to have a PSE an loved it as well they are very decent bows! I have also shot the new Z7 an the Z7 extreme, never shot a smoother bow! But my Hoyt has about 2 more inches of penetration then the Mathews did! I shot my deer this morning! An the Hoyt at 72 lbs a 31in draw length it went in right behind the front shoulder an completely blew threw the opposite shoulder blade! i found the arrow about 40 yards from where i shot the deer! i was suprised at how much speed it still had even going through bone! my friend shoots the bowtech destroyer an he had his arrow hit the back shoulder blade an just stopped! it didnt even crack the bone! i do have to give major credit to the new Carbon Express Mayhem arrows an my new slick tricks!
Decoy King
hunter

Return to Archery