Always Hunting With Guys...

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Always Hunting With Guys...

Postby cteal » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Usually I've only gone on the MN waterfowler forum but I figured I'd try something new.
Don't know if there are any girls out there that hunt in MN?
I'm always going out with the boys to hunt and while that's fine...sometimes I can only listen to so much talk about farting and boobs.
cteal
hunter

Re: Always Hunting With Guys...

Postby daisyduck2 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:22 am

Unfortunately the womens forum doesn't seem to get much action as far as looking for hunting friends... I've tried posting on my State's forum too, but for the most part it's all men from what I've found. Are you on facebook? You might want to try searching local groups that way, I was lucky to find a few women in my area and was invited in to their page on facebook and have met a few more poeple through there. There's definitely some active ladies out there, they just aren't easy to find! :huh:

Good luck, let me know if you ever move up to MA! :yes:
daisyduck2
hunter

Postby Turkeychick » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:19 pm

If I were you. I would be proactive and contact Delta Waterfowl to get a first hunt in your area. You can also contact your states wild life deptartment- Becoming an Outdoors Women ( B.O.W) and see if they have any upcoming events in your area. Also check out NWTF- Women in the Outdoors (WITO) program. They may have some upcoming events in your area as well. I could keep going.. Thats what I would start with :thumbsup:
Turkeychick
hunter

Postby daisyduck2 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:57 am

Good idea turkeychick :wink:
daisyduck2
hunter

Postby duckfever65 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:03 am

It's good to see there are other women that duck hunt, I am not out this hunting this morning because my so called hunting buddy is to wishy washy. I am sitting here drinking coffee listening to shotguns and wishing I was out with mine.
"a bad day of hunting is better than any day at work"
duckfever65
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:41 am

There's some great suggestions above. It took me quite a while before I found some ladies in my area that duck hunted. I ended up volunteering with Women in the Outdoors and made some friends there. I'm glad I did. Three of us will be doing a "Delta Divas" hunt in November. I'm looking forward to it, it's an all ladies hunt through some local Delta Waterfowl chapters. They run a hunt on Saginaw Bay and then one in Muskegon.

My usual hunting group consists of my husband and brother-in-law, so it's not to bad hanging with the guys either. ;)
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby LadyGooseHunter87 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:36 pm

I'm from MN too! Not sure where in MN you are but check out the B.O.W program through the DNR (it's on their website) it's a GREAT resource. I have gone to many of their seminars/events. So much fun and some of them are for just women :) Also look into the MN Duck and Goose Callers Association...I just joined that and they will be having a womens hunt in November :) Good luck and shoot me a PM and maybe we can chit chat :)
LadyGooseHunter87
hunter

Postby Turkeychick » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Heyy there ya go Cteal!
Turkeychick
hunter

Postby Kim in Camo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:50 am

Hey, I'm in Minnesota too!!! And would love to meet up with other women waterfowlers! :thumbsup:
Kim in Camo
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum