One Way To Grass A MOMarsh DP (Or Other Marsh Boat)

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Re: One Way To Grass A MOMarsh DP (Or Other Marsh Boat)

Postby Jangle » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Those are some awesome boats. How did u attach the bungies to the boat? Did u use pop rivets and silicone or something else?
Jangle
hunter

Postby bodiac » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Jangle, thanks for the compliment. We are having a blast with these boats. To attatch the bungees we used Stainless Steel pad eyes, you can buy them at marine hardware stores or just do a search on the net for them. We dipped ours in a liquid rubber to curb any chance of glare, you can usually buy this stuff at a hardware store. We just pre drilled the holes and attatched the pad eyes with SS bolts and SS lock nuts. Hope this helped, if you have any more questions hit me up.
bodiac
hunter

Postby Jangle » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks a lot. I am about to start on a lay out boat so I may be hollering at ya for some advise
Jangle
hunter

Postby Nerdwick » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:51 am

sub
Nerdwick
hunter

Postby feetdown » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:12 am

Awesome post!!!! Gettin ready to do my 4Rivers boat and was leaning towards doing rafia instead of fast grass. May i add a lil thought?? When i do mine i plan on adding a length of 3/8ths black or green bungee (off the inernet in bulk lengths) from just behind the cockpit to just in front of the cockpit and weave it under about every 5-6 bundle so you can have some attachment point for natrual vegitation from the area your hunting if need be. Great post!!!!!!
Kool-Aid park here I come
feetdown
hunter

Postby 4riverman » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:05 pm

feetdown wrote:Awesome post!!!! Gettin ready to do my 4Rivers boat and was leaning towards doing rafia instead of fast grass. May i add a lil thought?? When i do mine i plan on adding a length of 3/8ths black or green bungee (off the inernet in bulk lengths) from just behind the cockpit to just in front of the cockpit and weave it under about every 5-6 bundle so you can have some attachment point for natrual vegitation from the area your hunting if need be. Great post!!!!!!

Great idea, post some photos.
Four Rivers Layout Boats
Odessa, MO
http://www.fourriverslayoutboats.com
email: sales@fourriverslayoutboats.com
Phone: 816-694-4955
4riverman
DHC Sponsor

Postby cyoung24 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 pm

This post was a great guide when I grassed my Refuge Runner. I would definitely reccomend the raffia over the fast grass. It hides better I think and it holds up well. Double Zip tying the raffia really holds well. I lost very little trailering it on the highway. Adding natural grass really helps it blend in too. The straps for vegetation are a good idea. The boats are deadly all grassed up too bad it's the end of season. You won't believe how close the ducks will get, I could have used a dip net to get them on several occasions this past season.
Attachments
image.jpg
cyoung24
hunter

Postby 4riverman » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Very nice cyoung24

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Four Rivers Layout Boats
Odessa, MO
http://www.fourriverslayoutboats.com
email: sales@fourriverslayoutboats.com
Phone: 816-694-4955
4riverman
DHC Sponsor

Postby AJCsurf » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:25 pm

subscribed! :thumbsup: Great posts guys.
AJCsurf
hunter

Postby sportglfr07 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:11 am

Thanks for all the pictures guys! What size trailer did you buy? I currently have one MoMarsh DP but want to get a second. I just need to figure out how I'm going to haul them first.
sportglfr07
hunter

Postby John Duck » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:12 pm

I find it so much more easy to use military type camo. It is easy to handle, store and conceals just as good. You can paint it to suit different backgrounds also.
John Duck
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:27 pm

Sweet setups, thanks for the tips!
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:08 am

I would think a trailer used for PWC that has an upper bunk installed and removable would be an excellent choice, at least for me it would be because I haul my 4Rivers to the chosen back road (aka trail) then tow it to the X with the ATV. A double decker in this case is a lot better choice than a double wide, besides it takes up a lot less room in the garage.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby marshgunner » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:37 am

A buddy and I built our own trailer. We can haul 3 boats 2 on top 1 under. With a cargo area under the boats to haul decoys and camping gear. Just wished it was a little lighter.
marshgunner
Newb

Previous

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds