duck jerky

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

duck jerky

Postby boontize » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:38 pm

duck jerky ? anyone made it ever or tried it ever
boontize
hunter

Re: duck jerky

Postby ncbufflehead » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:14 pm

boontize wrote:duck jerky ? anyone made it ever or tried it ever
classifieds forum is for selling stuff, post this kind of topic in the recipe/cooking forum or the honey hole forum. you will get more responces
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby boontize » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:16 pm

thanks
boontize
hunter

Postby btharp2624 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:02 am

Duck Jerky is delicious!

We get a lot of jerky made at our local meat market. They do a fantastic job! We even had jerky made out of snow goose and it was surprisingly really good!

I've never made it myself, but If it's made right it's fantastic.
btharp2624
hunter

Postby huntnteen » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Its about all i do with the stuff! If you have a dehydrator this is easy, if not you can make it in your oven.

first off breast the birds, and soak the meat in salt water overnight, then slice them about 1/4" to 1/6" thick and put them in whatever marinade you want to use (I use terryaki) and let it soak for an hour, and then put them on your sheet for drying them and it is okay to let them touch, just not overlap. Stick them in the dehydrator at 175 F for 8-12 hours, depending on how crounchy you want it. You can put them in the oven at the same temp, you just may need to turn them.

Another recipe i do is instead of terryaki i lather them in bbq sauce, and then stick them in the dehydrator, this carmalizes the sauce and it tastes like candy. Also have recently started putting a little liquid smoke in with the marinade.

I find it best to dehydrate them all night, make it before i goto bed, and wake up to eat it on my way to school/work/hunt
huntnteen
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 am

huntnteen wrote:Its about all i do with the stuff! If you have a dehydrator this is easy, if not you can make it in your oven.

first off breast the birds, and soak the meat in salt water overnight, then slice them about 1/4" to 1/6" thick and put them in whatever marinade you want to use (I use terryaki) and let it soak for an hour, and then put them on your sheet for drying them and it is okay to let them touch, just not overlap. Stick them in the dehydrator at 175 F for 8-12 hours, depending on how crounchy you want it. You can put them in the oven at the same temp, you just may need to turn them.

Another recipe i do is instead of terryaki i lather them in bbq sauce, and then stick them in the dehydrator, this carmalizes the sauce and it tastes like candy. Also have recently started putting a little liquid smoke in with the marinade.

I find it best to dehydrate them all night, make it before i goto bed, and wake up to eat it on my way to school/work/hunt

I dont think i want crunchy candy duck jerky
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby huntnteen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 am

you'd be surprised how good it tastes.
huntnteen
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:59 am

huntnteen wrote:you'd be surprised how good it tastes.

Ill try it
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby kydog » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Soak duck or goose breast in Allegro overnight and that's all you need and then put in dehydrator!!! It kicks butt !!!! The kids will eat all you will feed them!!!!
kydog
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 am

i jerky most of my ducks all year. i actually kind of like the mud taste they have to them so i don't soak them in salt water. i get teriaki, a little bit of katchup and brown sugar, and let them soak for a full 24 hours. then throw them in the dehydrator. simple but pretty good.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking