Jalepano Bacon Duck wraps

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Jalepano Bacon Duck wraps

Postby njones125 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Just made about 100 Italian dressing marinated mallard breast chunks, wrapped around jalepeno's stuffed with cream cheese and all wrapped in bacon. Threw on the grill for about 15-20 minutes for a football party and everybody loved them. Has anyone ever tried the recipe with a substitute for the jalepeno and cream cheese, Maybe pineapple or apple chunks. Just looking for a variation for people who dont like spice. Thanks
njones125
hunter

Re: Jalepano Bacon Duck wraps

Postby max4mafia44 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

We always put a water chesnut in there too. Doesn't add any flavor, but gives the "duck balls" a nice crisp. Just a thought. Try marinating in Dales Sauce or Moores rather than Italian.
-Max-4-Mafia-
max4mafia44
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:18 am

Try marinading in lemon or lime juice and use pineapple chuncks that sounds pretty good a citrus duck popper
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby Born2fish » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:54 pm

I like to combine the jalapenos and cream cheese in a food processor then spread it with a knife. The pineapple idea sounds awesome I'm definitely trying that this year.
Born2fish
hunter

Postby Johnnytheboy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:24 pm

We have chicken blamoral over here, chicken breast butterflied, stuffed with haggis and wrapped with bacon. You can do something very similar with duck, just stuff it with black pudding and dried figs!!
Johnnytheboy
hunter

Postby jteun » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:28 pm

i do a the same but with a marinade of honey terriyaki, put a small piece of sharp cheese in the middle, this is our football sunday go-too, my wife loves em, little girl will eat them too. of course they are wrapped in bacon, done on the grill just until the bacon is done. very important not to overcook as that will ruin the duck. this is an easy marinade that is store bought--i have a buddy who likes his steaks well done and he even likes them.
jteun
hunter

Postby Dog Tired » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:09 pm

similar recipe:
-equal parts dales/worstershire/molasses for marinade
-pineapple rings
-freshly sliced jalepenos
-bacon
-1 or 2 duck breasts for each person

pineapple ring goes on top of breast, fill hole w/jalepenos, wrap w/bacon, grill/smoke to med-rare and serve w/bacon on or remove and save for breakfast (produces a lot of extra bacon).
Dog Tired
hunter

Postby RiverRat21187 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:37 pm

I marinated my wood ducks in spicy mango which is not that spicy( can find it on the dressing row) for a day or two the butterflied the breast and stuffed with cream cheese a jalepano ring and a sliver of red pepper and wrapped in hormel black label bacon and grilled for 15 mins rotating every 5 minutes! first time ever cooking or eating duck and my whole family was amazed at how good it was! I think the key to good duck it preparation and time on the marinating! my fiance love them so much she is acually wanting my to go duck hunt again :grooving: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
RiverRat21187
hunter

Postby mngreenheadkilla » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:16 am

I have done poppers almost exactly like the ones you did, and I also do kabobs w/ pineapple and other chunks of veggies. But first I marinated the duck in worchestshire* ,soy sauce, brown sugar, the juice from the pineapple and a couple drops of liquid smoke.... I think it would be amazing to combine the 2 recipes... Jalapeno Bacon wrapped duck kabobs!!
mngreenheadkilla
hunter

Postby KDY » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Another great marinade to try while making duck poppers is caribean jerk. I pound out the breasts with a meat mallet before marinating. Then spread cream cheese, add pineapple, and jalepeno and roll it. wrap in bacon and secure with toothpicks. I prefer to broil mine.
KDY
hunter

Postby RiverRat21187 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:47 pm

all I know is I'm ready for Dec 10 to come so I can cook some more Wood Ducks!!!
RiverRat21187
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking