Lake Fork Ducks

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Lake Fork Ducks

Postby morning boys » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:32 pm

Anyone want to share with me some places to go hunting at Fork. The old mans place where we use to go got sold so we are looking for new spots. Found a few at Lavon. Saw quite a bit of em last week as well as a bunch of geese. Never hunted lake fork and ive only heard good things about it so if anyone knows of some places and has a map please let me know.
Early in Early out
morning boys
Newb

Postby champion duck slayer » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:08 pm

Dont Know of any good places to hunt right now I live about 10 miles from lake fork. I can tell you this dont waist your time opening morning it will be quit crowded email me for more info at txcoon199@yahoo.com
IF IT FLYS IT DIES IF IT DONT FLY IT DIES ANYWAY
champion duck slayer
hunter

Postby code3dukgides » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:47 am

He is right, opening morning on Fork is suicide. Fork is extremely over hunted when the ducks are down. BUT, with all of the rain we have had lately, the ducks have no reason to be on big water, so the hunting has been light on Fork. It seems that the best place has always been on the Emory and Quitman sides.
code3dukgides
Newb

Fork ducks

Postby duck4dinner » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:31 pm

I've been hunting Fork for about 4 years and it seems to get worse every year. I have not hunted it this year, but I found a slew that was flooded last weekend that had about 30 mallards in it. I'm going to try it in the morning and will let you know if there is any success.
duck4dinner
Newb

Return to Texas Duck Hunting