What are ya shooting

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

What are ya shooting

Postby CMAN » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:17 am

Whats everyone shooting for a bow, hunting or targets?

I shoot a parker31 for hunting and targets.
TAKE EM BOYS
Waterfowling is a disease the only difference is we want this one passed on!!
CMAN
hunter

Postby choclab » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:24 am

I shoot a Reflex Buckskin with the cam and a half set at 60 lbs. I have a NAP Quick tune 4000 fall away, Copper John deadnuts sight, Doinker 7" hunter stabalizer, and a Fuse 2 piece quiver. My arrows are custom made in Michigan. They are Easton C2 340s' dipped and crested. Leading the arrows are Slick Trick 4 blade broadheads.

[siteimg]1517[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1516[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1515[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1518[/siteimg]
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:16 am

I shoot a BOWTECH PATRIOT with carbon express arrow with G5 broadheads. Fall away rest with fiber optic sites.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby goosecaller » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:33 am

I shoot the Proline Mountain 32 with Easton XX75 2317 arrows. I like a heavier arrow. I tried switching to the carbons but I didn't like them at all.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:39 am

My targets are the block or my glendellv3D buck.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:44 am

An ancient Bear 45lb recurve and another ancient Onieda Eagle compound bow tuned to 70lbs. Easton game getter arrows, with 90 grain cabela's broadheads. For the recurve I am still shooting cedar arrows with real feather fletching old razor broadheads.
The recuve is used for targets (without broadheads) and up to deer size game. The compound is what I use for deer and elk.
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby choclab » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:52 am

I love shooting recurves. I am only good up to about 20 yards with them. My carp-fishing bow is an old Martin Cougar. I shoot it with no sights and fingers. The old Martin shoots pretty nice for being a dinosaur. Them longer bows are more forgiving.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby thaner » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:07 pm

Pile of old recureves for fun, Bear and BP's but the main meat getter is the SwitchBack.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:33 pm

I shoot an old PSE nova that Ive shot for the past 11 years. Too comfortable with it to switch. Shoot beman carbons and hundred grain thunderheads. I dont see the need for change when something works.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby choclab » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:40 pm

If it ain't broke.....don't fix it :thumbsup:
choclab
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:48 pm

Smackaduck, my first bow kill was with a Nova. I shot the hell out of that bow. I had cracking on the limbs, then traded it for a Golden Eagle System. That was one heavy bow, then I won my latest bow in a video archery league. I won a Renegade Tominator. Very small, very light, and very fast. I switched to Carbons four years ago, and now I'm shooting lightening fast. For the people who say that aluminum works just fine, they are correct, but if you switch to carbon, I can guarantee that you'll shoot nothing else. I used to shoot fingers, then switched to a release. I used to shoot instinctive, then i switched to pins. I used to shoot aluminum, then I switched to carbon, and I know that for every time I upgraded, it made my shooting accuracy increase that much more. I shoot Whitetails mostly, but am really considering trying to take my next turkey with one this spring. I was one of those guys who used to laugh at the guys who duck hunted, because I was so fixated on archery hunting. Well that was before I gave it a true go at it. Now bow hunting takes a back seat to duck hunting. I still bow hunt, but just don't do it nearly as much. Probably the main reason I'm still married. :laughing: Glad to see an archery forum! :thumbsup:
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

what I shoot

Postby Tuff » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:07 pm

I shoot a Reflex Growler set at 60lbs. with a 3 pin Trophy Ridge sight, Carbon Express arrows. Carbon Express Terminator arrows with 125 Grain Muzzy Broadheads. Been bowhunting for a while, started duck hunting three years ago and love doing both. Haven't been a member long but think DHC is a great site, and this is a great forum to add.

Pete I would definitely take the bow into the turkey woods this Spring. Took my first turkey with bow last spring and can't imagine doing it any other way now.
Tuff
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:18 pm

I shoot a Humming Bird Custom takedown Recurve 52# I shoot mainly for hunting but occacionally Ill do some 3d shoots and I shoot instinctively, no pins here. I also have a Grizzly recurve that I started out with 40# but only bring it out once in a blue moon.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:40 pm

I'm shooting a bowtech VFT @ 70#/30" draw w/ a trophy taker rest and blackgold sight zipping 28 1/2" goldtip 55/75s with 100gr wasps at 308fps. I love it to death.

I also shoot an Onieda Aero Force for bowfishing.
Last edited by phutch30 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
phutch30
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:59 am

I shoot a Horne's Archery take-down recurve @ 66# and a PSE kingfisher @ 45#. I'd like to use the latter for bowfishing eventually. BUt mainly I've used it as a lighter bow to work on my form.
The Hornes has by far been my favorite, a dream to shoot. Maybe someday I'll go compound, but I have a thing for trad. archery!
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby MrsJumpshooter » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:39 pm

I shoot a martin mangnum jaguar. The only thing that I can shoot at is targets because I can't pull back the 40lb regs yet but I am close I have 2lbs to go.
I hunt it, Therfore I cook it too!
MrsJumpshooter
hunter

Postby Big_Bubba » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:17 pm

PSE Predeter@75lbs Easton explorers for arrows and some Monotec G5's and a whisker biscut to top it off!!! Got my first deer(10 pointer) with it last year :getdown: :yes:
870 AkA the Pipe Bomb
Big_Bubba
Newb

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:21 pm

A ten pointer, awesome kill, i wish i could get a bigin, my biggest is a eight. Was it monthable, where did you get'm.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Big_Bubba » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:05 pm

getten a shoulder mount done right now. Up by Fergus Falls, MN
870 AkA the Pipe Bomb
Big_Bubba
Newb

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:28 pm

what? no Hoyt shooters on here???@!?!??! what?

i shoot a hoyt fastflight provantage. i have been shooting it 14 years now. i pull 80# and shoot muzzy 125 4 blades on 2213 easton aluminum arrows. i do use a hoyt overdraw.

i keep saying i am going to get a new hoyt but i just can't seem to part with my fastflight. it is still a tack driving machine...
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby choclab » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:15 pm

Reflex is the sister company to Hoyt. I get most of the Hoyt features for a little bit better price.
choclab
hunter

Postby jumpshooter » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:01 pm

I shoot a martin saber 65# with a whisker biscut fiber, old set of optic sights with 125 grain 3 blade muzzys. I wouldn't shoot any other broad heed they are just like they say "bad to the bone".
I am glad to see they have added archery, I am excited to chat with fellow archerers. :salude:
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
jumpshooter
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:02 pm

I shoot a Martin Rage with fury cams 58# 27" bemans with 85 gr G5 montec's 286 fps copper john's sights with a soft lock side quiver and a 3d platnium premer rest

shoot to kill :thumbsup:
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby VtMike » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:51 pm

Mathews LX 70lbs dead nuts and smooth! Love this bow. I used to have a High Country, good bow but the Mathews is awe :thumbsup: some.
If it looks like it bites..........Don't Pet it!!!
VtMike
hunter

Return to Archery