Fasting

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Fasting

Postby scastle » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:41 am

Any of you men ever fast? I did once with great results but really not shur I did it the right way. Try again the other day and it didn't fell right or seemed like some thing wasn't right.can't find alot about it in the bible. Like Why, when and how long . Thanks
scastle
hunter

Re: Fasting

Postby alanwebfoot » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:05 am

Daniel fast and others are mentioned ,,the real thing to concentrate on is you. Not a regimented go by the book ,,''religous'' experiment.It's about what are you willing to give up in place of concentrating more on God speaking to you.You'll find after 3 days a lot more communication between you and HIM. You'll need it for strength ,willpower and guidance.I have fasted and honestly it felt like an accomplshment that I had done ,,wrong wrong wrong!!!!!!Some people can fast food and it means nothing ,ask them to give up a favorite TV show though !!Whatever is important to you is important to God,,try giving it up in exchange for more time with the Creator. Check on line for books to help you.Remember it's more about what you lay down in exchange for what you ''pick ''up fellowship with your saviour.
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby Apoc » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:10 am

Good answer. Another thing with fasting as Jesus made clear is to keep it to you self. Sometimes thats hard to do but you should try hard. I was invited to have dinner at a fellow church members house and when I arrived I was informed that they were on a "no meet fast" so dinner would have no meet. I think they missed the point. As I understand it you are replacing food with time spent with the Father. I dont want to knock those who fast time (things they would have been doing) because it never hurt to give up something that you waste time with to spend with God but the true Biblical term is to fast food. When you skip a few meal it will change the way you view everything and every time you body crys out you in turn cry out to God. This process will kill your flesh. Literally if you fast to long and as your flesh becomes week your spirit becomes stronger if you have spent that time with the father.
13 Doves
2 Woodys
2 Gadwall
1 GW Teal
Apoc
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:02 am

What is a sacrifice to you? I was dealing with some pain for a weeks and I was thinking about how the Bible says some things only come out through prayer and fasting. I was on vacation and was bowhunting everyday and in my spirit God led me to fast that. To me that was a huge sacrifice bigger than any meal and God knew that. The day I chose to fast a day from hunting the pain was gone and has never reappeared. Ask God to reveal these things to you he knows your heart. If you do it for him no matter if its food, hunting, watching tv, etc God will honor your sacrifice.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:23 pm

ABSOLUTELY Buckcreek to some giving up food isn't fasting ,,some people gorge themselves for them it would be a struggle, for me it would be giving up a day in the duck blind
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:40 pm

alanwebfoot wrote:ABSOLUTELY Buckcreek to some giving up food isn't fasting ,,some people gorge themselves for them it would be a struggle, for me it would be giving up a day in the duck blind

X2 on the day in the duck blind. :lol3:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:52 am

Big Al not to get super spiritual on anybody but I did fast 3 weeks no hunting ,,and I see ducks on the river from my upstairs window.More and more as the season drags on ,,BUT God is so good he's answering prayers .And I go out Monday morning ,for the last week of the season here. Its usually the best part anyway.It was harder than the food because I had 4 buddys ask me to go with them.Face it ,,eternity versus 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not aying fasting will save you,or twist Gods arm in your favor,you get closer. Good hunting Big Al go out and bring a few home .
alanwebfoot
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality