Prayers needed

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Prayers needed

Postby semohunter » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:54 am

Hey guys, this isn't something I would normally do, but I need prayer bad. Currently have a lot of negative things going on in my life. I used to spend every Sunday and we'd night in church, then I went off to college and every things just gone down hill. I've finally came to terms that I started drinking and let it get way out of control, I have no where to really turn, I'm still trhingnto figure out how to tell my parents. So some prayers for strength would be greatly appreciated from you guy.

Thanks and God bless,
Zach
semohunter
hunter

Re: Prayers needed

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Prayers sent from Cali.
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby snieff » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:07 pm

For sure man. Just remember that God helps those that help themselves. You know you got a problem thats step one. Now show the Lord you are commited to getting help and you will feel the strength from all the prayers. God bless you. :thumbsup:
snieff
hunter

Postby HotDog » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:38 am

1 Corinthians 15:33 "Bad company corrupts good morals."
If you are hanging out with people that make bad choices......

The great thing, however, is that you are always welcome in the Lord's house, and encouraged to attend.

I will pray for you to find the strength to do that.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 am

the greatest thing is you are honest with God and us your brothers ,that'll take you far ,Bless you with HIS presence and strength to overcome ,,my prayers for you. Start RIGHT now go this Wednesday and Sunday HE will meet you there .
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby semohunter » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:19 am

Thanks to you all, it means a lot. I plan on being in church from Wednesdays and Sundays from now on. I miss how much easier things seemed to be when i was in church. Im thankful that he has shown me what i have been doing was wrong, and Im also thankful for you guys, the prayers mean alot. Thanks again
semohunter
hunter

Postby mixedbag916 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:47 pm

prayers sent
"for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power" Philippians 4:13
mixedbag916
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Wait, wait, wait......
Tell your parents what? That you've been drinking?
How out of control?
You haven't been chumming around with girls too have you?
Staying up late!?!?!

I don't know man, church 2x's a week, then off to college? I would think a double scoop of ice cream would seem like a sin coming from that back ground!

I'm not breaking your balls kid, but, college is one of those places where you are supposed to have another look around... I'm not saying that you should get fall down drunk every night of the week, but you may be a lot more normal than you think.... And I don't mean just because "everyone is doing it" makes it "normal."

I was raised pretty similar in a crazy Irish Catholic family. My mom's parting words while leaving college were "don't snort any of that marijuana"

Jeeeeees.....
Take a step back and look at things..

That said;
God bless.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby open door » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:03 am

semohunter wrote:Hey guys, this isn't something I would normally do, but I need prayer bad. Currently have a lot of negative things going on in my life. I used to spend every Sunday and we'd night in church, then I went off to college and every things just gone down hill. I've finally came to terms that I started drinking and let it get way out of control, I have no where to really turn, I'm still trhingnto figure out how to tell my parents. So some prayers for strength would be greatly appreciated from you guy.

Thanks and God bless,
Zach
Zach - Thanks for your honesty about this. As someone said, you've recognized the wrong, and that is a HUGE first step. You've heard the gospel, and the Holy Spirit calls to ALL. You're beyond the age of grace, God gives us free-will to either accept, or reject, His calling. I'm an old man, still a sinner, but saved by grace! Every born-again believer was once in rebellion before the answered God's call, ALL of us. Son, I have studied eschatology (end-time Bible prophecy) for a few years now, and the rapture of the church is imminent, it could occur at any given moment in time. See 1 Thess. 4:13-18; 1 Cor. 15:51-52 and John 14:1-3 for starters. Jesus gave all the signs of His return in His Olivet Discourse in Matt. 24 - we are the generation to see all of them being fulflled - God is now brining an end to the Church Age, that 2,000 year period between Daniel's 69th & 70th Weeks - the 70th week is a/k/a the tribulation period which you will be in if you miss the pre-trib rapture. I'm just trying to lay iti out for you as it is, and I'm praying youo will come to the Lord, NOW. It's the biggest decision of everyone's life, and it has eternal consequences. Choose wisely.
open door
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:33 am

Open Door-
Here's the thing....
I don't understand the suggestion that anyone who has not "given themselves to the Lord" is somehow on some point down the path to eternal damnation. You have all sorts of wonderful people from all kinds of faiths and cultures that don't believe in who/what you do, so, by your standards and definitions, they are doomed?
I am a 40 year old school teacher. I am accomplished, healthy, married to a wonderful woman who loves me, we have a great young son, a neat-clean home. Two cars that are paid off, good neighbors and wonderful hobbies, friends and family. We both drink and curse when we cut our finger or stub my toe (and when the Islanders lose!) and so what?

Alcoholics will tell you that it's not the quantity you drink that measures anything. If it's too much for you, it's too much and that can be one drink.
As for this kid, maybe he needs to go surfing to clear his head. Maybe he needs to go hunting and sit there and think about his new life and changed priorities. For some it's running, sailing, swimming and yes, for some it's church.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby open door » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:46 am

Slack Tide wrote:Open Door-
Here's the thing....
I don't understand the suggestion that anyone who has not "given themselves to the Lord" is somehow on some point down the path to eternal damnation. You have all sorts of wonderful people from all kinds of faiths and cultures that don't believe in who/what you do, so, by your standards and definitions, they are doomed?
I am a 40 year old school teacher. I am accomplished, healthy, married to a wonderful woman who loves me, we have a great young son, a neat-clean home. Two cars that are paid off, good neighbors and wonderful hobbies, friends and family. We both drink and curse when we cut our finger or stub my toe (and when the Islanders lose!) and so what?

Alcoholics will tell you that it's not the quantity you drink that measures anything. If it's too much for you, it's too much and that can be one drink.
As for this kid, maybe he needs to go surfing to clear his head. Maybe he needs to go hunting and sit there and think about his new life and changed priorities. For some it's running, sailing, swimming and yes, for some it's church.
Slack Tide - either you believe the Bible is God's inerrant Word, or not. If you don't there's nothing I can do or say. Scripture no where refers to universal salvation, absolutelyd NONE; in fact, just the opposite. Want to know why Christianity is hated so? Read John 14:6 where Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comeeth unto the Father, but by me" KJV. You either believe that, or you don't. Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven. The New Age deception (which is nothing new at all, in fact, goes right back tothe original sin in tghe Garden) has one to believe in themselves. They are in total denial.
open door
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:55 am

Think of it like this.
The speed limit in Mexico is 50... I drive 70 and don't care because I'm not Mexican.
In China, you are allowed 1 child. I don't care, I'm not Chinese!

You are still imposing your beliefs on people who are outside of your belief system.
It's arrogant to imply that because others don't think what you think that they are screwed.
You should develop your ability to argue your point without running for the bible.
Just explain yourself in layman's terms and if you really want to help others discover, they will probably be more likely to follow rather than be provoked by the suggestion that "I know something that you don't know!"

All who wander are not lost........
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby open door » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Slack Tide wrote:Think of it like this.
The speed limit in Mexico is 50... I drive 70 and don't care because I'm not Mexican.
In China, you are allowed 1 child. I don't care, I'm not Chinese!

You are still imposing your beliefs on people who are outside of your belief system.
It's arrogant to imply that because others don't think what you think that they are screwed.
You should develop your ability to argue your point without running for the bible.
Just explain yourself in layman's terms and if you really want to help others discover, they will probably be more likely to follow rather than be provoked by the suggestion that "I know something that you don't know!"

All who wander are not lost........
There's no need to continue this discussion. I'm not "imposing" my views, I'm merely quoting what God said - it's His views that count, not ours, and they are found in only one place, the Bible, which is why I rely on it alone, and not some personal opinion of how I would like it to be. Try reading the Bible with an open heart - you will find that it will read you - sorta takes one out of their own little comfort zone, doesn't it? Scripture says God can't lie, so His Word, alone, is truth. God bless you.
open door
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:38 pm

I was actually thinking of you on the way home (whoever you are) and we don't have to continue this, but, here's what I was thinking on the way home......

1) what takes me out of my comfort zone is when someone (directly or indirectly) tries to make me think that they have an Ace in their hand when they don't. Then, you will tell me that my "discomfort" is a subconscious poof that I know I'm wrong.
2) How uptight do you get when the Animal Rights people tell you that you shouldn't hunt? That they "know" the right thing and that you are a killer? That's pretty much the same feeling I get when I get into conversations with people like you.
Do you just quote them some psalm about how God wanted you to "thin the herd" or some nonsense about how you are the provider for your family etc...
3) Same as above but about vegetarians who tell you that you are poisoning yourself with meat and how they "know" the better way (suggesting that you don't)

Gotta scoot, my burger is burning.....
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby billsarima » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:31 am

Prayers sent!!!
Don't say a word about my dog being fat other wise you can fetch your own duck!!!
billsarima
hunter

Postby WhidbeyDuckGuy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi Zach:

Looks like you posted awhile back. I hope things are going better for you.

Welcome to college. Same thing happened to me 30 years ago. Was a church going kid, started college and discovered beer, whiskey, poker and sex. College is about learning and not all of it comes from lecture halls and text books. Sometimes the temptations are way to much and we give in to them. Sometimes when we give in to them we find some of the temptations become addictions that we didn't know we were born with. If alcohol is controlling your life now, then yes you may have an addiction problem and you need to get help. Here is one resource for you. They may even be in your local area...

http://www.celebraterecovery.com/

This is a Christ-centered recovery program where you can address any of your hurts, habbits or hang ups in a safe and anonymous way. Similar to Alcoholics Anonymous, but Jesus Christ is THE Higher Power. I have been going over two years now and it has changed my life for the better.
"I only wish I were as good a duck hunter as my dog wants me to be."
GO BEAVERS!

Advil Pro Staff
WhidbeyDuckGuy
hunter

Postby Decoy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 am

Praying. If you want to talk 386-935-1779 Jay
Decoy
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Sweet Geezer Jesus, Phone calls?
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Prayers needed

Postby Duckcommander727 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:53 pm

If you're not even into faith why are you in here, slack? You're being a deuche. Prayers for you bubba.
Nick Roehl wrote:Anymore of it on the open forum will result in a 2 week time out. You know the type you give to children when they won't listen.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:35 pm

727-
Bump it up a bit and read my posts above this one....
Be good.
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Prayers needed

Postby Duckcommander727 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:42 pm

People pushing religion on you? What is exactly are you doing? Don't be a hypocrite.
Nick Roehl wrote:Anymore of it on the open forum will result in a 2 week time out. You know the type you give to children when they won't listen.
Duckcommander727
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Ohhh dear,, really? Do I have to go through this again???
My original point (before OpenDoor got me off track) was that here you have a kid, what seems like a normal, typical kid, who did the devils work: he WENT AWAY to college! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Flames, death, and worse BEER!

His mother had his nuts in a jar for his entire youth and now that he has some hair on his void and somehow got permission from the elders to go away to school, he is "tempted" by the world and now is freaked out by it.....

Wow, have some fun... you won't go to hell for a few BJ's and a hangover.
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality