Youth Giveaway

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Youth Giveaway

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:26 pm

Greenster (forum moderator) is sponsoring a give away of Fowl play III DVD, all entrees must meet the required rules seen below. To enter the contest you must submit 250 word maximum article of “what got you into duck hunting or why you want to get into duck hunting” please submit entries to this forum and include your age along with it.

Rules:

1. Must be under age of 18
2. Must be an active member of DHC with at least 25 posts,
3. Moderators are not eligible
4. Entries must be received by March 10th

Winner will be voted on by a panel of moderators.

Duckhuntingchat.com is not sponsoring the giveaway by any form, shape or fashion, therefore DHC is not responsible. Please Contact Greenster with any questions.

Good Luck!
Last edited by Trois_beaux_canards on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Young Canadian Gun » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:01 pm

I actually started by shooting coffe cups with my pellet but the first time i got interested was about 2 years ago and hears my story......
We were heading to a beagle trail in Nova Scotia, but we had to pick up a guy that was 3 years older then me, that just started to get into it. He is a big time hunter and I always wanted to hunt ducks but my dad was always a rabbit person. So we were driveing for about 4 hours and all i talked about was wanting to hunt ducks, he got so annoyed that he just gave up and said i'll take ya on youth day. We got 15 ducks in total between the 2 of us....i got 2 green wing teal but fired about 2 boxes of shells :oops: .
Well thats mine
Thanks alot Greenster and see ya later.
Good luck eveyone
Last edited by Young Canadian Gun on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Young Canadian Gun
hunter

Postby tealslayerblw » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:26 pm

First off, thanks for the opportunity.

Bascially, im not like everyone else where i was born into duck hunting. My Grandmpa and my uncle duck hunted theyre entire lives, but no one in my immediate duck hunts. I got started hunting on pheasents, and song birds with a bb gun at my grandpas. Also i was not youre typical duck hunter, because i live in the heart of chicago, and well theres not a whole lot of duck pounding aroud the siears tower :toofunny: but my first duck hunt was two years ago on teal. I will never forget it, a nice blue wing comes out of no where, right into the spread with no warning, or anything, the funny thing is we where waiting for geese to come in, so i had to shoot the bluewing with BB goose load, but it worked! Later on that hunt two blue wings came down our lane again, i fired, but two dropped! i got two with one shot, and i was hooked from that moment on. Im fourteen years old, and i appreciate the opportunity
tealslayerblw
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:41 am

I first started dove hunting with my dad and some close family friends. It was always something to do so i'de take my bb gun out there and "shoot" at doves. Ever since then i've been hooked. 3 years from then i was able to use a 20 guage, still went dove hunting and had a blast. Then my dad and I would goose hunt and i loved that. One morning my dad, and his friend and I went out to this huge sleu and we get out there and mallards and woodies go soaring out. Dad tells me to wait b/c the mallards will come back. No less then 5 minutes i had killed my frist duck a greenhead. LOVED it ever since. Now i enjoy going out with my dad and multiple friends to try and know each other better.
My name is Ryan i'm 15 and llive in Ok.
"keep pissin i'm reloadin!"
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:20 pm

Thanks for the stories thus far, keep 'em coming!
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby duckindude » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:27 pm

The thing that got me into hunting was purely the time i got to spend with my dad and grampa, when i was about 9 my dad would take me with him on hunts to watch him and see how it was done. I would bring my bb gun along and shoot at decoys and what not, these were days of the year that i loved the most. That time i got to spend with my dad was so special that i wanted to continue it, and i have been hooked on it ever since. I'd like to dedicate this entire story to my dad and grandpa, i love them soo much. They got me into this tradition, and i will continue it until the day i die.
--Tell em u can learn more in one day out in the field then they can teach u in a month at school-- the best and most true quote of all
duckindude
hunter

Postby gvegas88 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:03 pm

Duck hunting for me has really become a way for me to get away from all the frustrating things like school and homework. I started duck hunting maybe 3 years ago when one of my friends took me on a duck hunt with his dad. He didn't shoot anything but it was still awesome listening to them call to the ducks and seeing the canvasbacks flying up high.
Every year since my first duck hunt I have become more addicted, and if you know me you can vouch that for me it is an addiction. Every time I’m hunting its a new experience and there has never been a hunt where I haven't learned something. This past season I really explored what true duck hunting is, responsibility and of course fun. Being that I have two boats of my own I have learned a great deal about what it takes to maintain a boat and all my gear. Most of the things I know about duck hunting I taught myself and have learned many things the hard way.
Even now all I can think about is next season and where I'm going to go and what to buy. For me, I think it might be getting up at 2 a.m. and getting to the boat ramp in what feels like a hurricane and then finally settin the last decoy out right at shootin time.

Tyler
gvegas88
hunter

Postby Young Canadian Gun » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:02 pm

Is there a winner?
Thanks
Young Canadian Gun
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:50 pm

The winner will be announced when all the votes are in.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckindude » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:48 pm

are the votes in?
--Tell em u can learn more in one day out in the field then they can teach u in a month at school-- the best and most true quote of all
duckindude
hunter

Postby greenster » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:46 pm

Is the winner announced? :umm:
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:40 pm

we should be able to announce a winner in 2-3 days. We'll keep you all posted.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

And the winner is....

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:59 am

Congratulations to: (drumroll please)

duckindude!!!

duckindude, please PM your info to greenster so he can sned your prize of a Fowl play III DVD.

Thank you all for playing!
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby duckindude » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:27 pm

:eek: :eek: :eek:
wow
i am so excited,
i never win anything

thanks for the oppurtunity greenster!
duckindude
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:29 pm

WHOO HOO! Congrats duckindude!
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Duck Crazy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:59 pm

:salude: congrats

you're gonna love fowl play III its a great DVD
Think, Duck
Dream, Duck
Kill, Duck

It's an Obsession
Duck Crazy
hunter

Postby duckindude » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:04 pm

hey i got it today,
watched a little bit of it,
good stuff,
tahnks greenster :thumbsup:
duckindude
hunter

Postby greenster » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:05 am

sorry took too so long to get back...glad you got it and like it..

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Youth