How's the early season looking for everyone?

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

How's the early season looking for everyone?

Postby desertducks » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 pm

How's the early season looking for everyone? :hammer:
desertducks
hunter

Re: How's the early season looking for everyone?

Postby pozerzsuk » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:17 pm

very very slow up river from you ...i've seen some birds , mainly only teal...not enough to get excited about tho...how's it looking down south?
pozerzsuk
hunter

Postby desertducks » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:02 am

Same down here a bunch of teal, and a pair of green heads, still able to shoot a limit in a couple hours. Let's pray for some cold weather. It is nice to wear shorts, t- shirt and flip flops lol best of luck this season......... :hammer:
desertducks
hunter

Postby rcdinaz » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:53 pm

It was a slow start even up on the Rim but you could work all day and end up with close to a limit if you were mobile. I have not checked much the last 3 weeks since I have been getting ready for my deer hunt. We had 8 BW, 1 GW, and 3 Ruds the only 2 days I was able to get out. For such a cool looking late season bird those BW's don't look like much early in the season.

I did see a few Widgeon, Red head, and Mallards but nothing too impressive and we hit about 5 different holes.
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Postby zbiggboy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm down here in Casa Grande, I haven't seen much yet. I'm hopeful it will pick up real soon.
zbiggboy
Newb

Postby duckbio » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 pm

So far, one duck in the desert. There were birds when I took a trip up into the mountains, but they were hanging out with there 500 coot buddies.
"Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but political correctness is killing me."
duckbio
hunter

Postby GoingGrey » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Hello everyone, I’m new to this site and fairly new to waterfowl hunting. I live in Yuma, AZ and was hoping for some hunting tips. I’ve had some success jump shooting but would rather use decoys and watch the birds come in. Any tips or input would be appreciated.
GoingGrey
Newb

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:06 am

Good luck getting anything from people off this forum, lol. From what i've read Yuma is a good place to be right now so get out and do some scouting and find'm
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rcdinaz » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 pm

There are not a lot of AZ folks on this board so response will be slow.

Start with the AZ Game & Fish site, lots of stuff on Yuma area as it is a great location for ducks and geese off the Colorado. There is also a local forum that has information about AZ duck hunting http://azwaterfowl.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Hope this helps you get started! I hope to figure out how to get a hunt done in your area but it doesn't look like it will work out this year, we will see.
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Postby downinj » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:59 pm

GoingGrey wrote:Hello everyone, I’m new to this site and fairly new to waterfowl hunting. I live in Yuma, AZ and was hoping for some hunting tips. I’ve had some success jump shooting but would rather use decoys and watch the birds come in. Any tips or input would be appreciated.

dude your better off jump shooting ducks ive hunted in arizona my whole life and its just not a duck state. i love to duck hunt and go as much as possible but to decoy ducks in arizona is tough
downinj
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting