Hunting clothes for women

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: NorCal Cazadora, LadyK, Outdoor Gal

Hunting clothes for women

Postby playaxplorer » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:36 pm

This past season i got my now fiancee into hunting and she has really enjoyed it, but i've been finding it hard to find her gear, specifically waterfowl and upland stuff. I was wondering if you ladies have had similar experiences or if you can give me some idea of vendors?

She's wanting stuff that is made and tailored for a woman, not men's clothing bought smaller for her. Stuff that is fitted, feminine, yet field functional. She'd like an upland hunting shirt accented in hot pink instead of "hunter orange."

Kinda got me to thinking, she's probably not the only lady out there wanting this stuff. But there doesn't seem to be anyone meeting that need. Would you ladies be more inclined to buy hunting gear for women rather than trying to make other stuff work???
"That's a big bird." "Really i thought he'd be more yellow!"
playaxplorer
hunter

Postby 12guagegirl » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:45 am

To be honest....no. To me, hunting gear is hunting gear. When I'm out pheasant hunting, orange vs. pink makes no difference to me, I'm out there to hunt. I have kids size waders, jackets, and wader boots. If you choose your hunting clothes to make a fashion statement, maybe you chose the wrong hobbie.

Just my opinion, though.
12guagegirl
hunter

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:53 pm

I think we need some female models.... :yes: :yes:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

clothes

Postby FemDuckHunter » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:52 pm

I've been finding nicer clothes through Cabelas catalog. In the last few years, they have started to carry women's hunting gear. But, she's not going to find stuff with pink accents. Sorry.
FemDuckHunter
hunter

Re: clothes

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:19 pm

FemDuckHunter wrote:I've been finding nicer clothes through Cabelas catalog. In the last few years, they have started to carry women's hunting gear. But, she's not going to find stuff with pink accents. Sorry.

:laughing: :laughing: There is a different store for that, ladies. :toofunny:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Women's hunting clothes

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:41 pm

Oh lord, I hate pink, but reading playaxplorer's post made me remember I'd seen it in a catalog recently - Kevin's Fine Outdoor Gear and Apparel (http://www.kevinscatalog.com - see especially the shooting shirts at http://www.kevinscatalog.com/prodinfo.asp?number=KK710W). Spendy, but cut for women's bodies. Can't vouch for any of it because I haven't ordered from them yet - just getting started and all I have is my men's camo jacket, men's waders and (swoon!) my Beretta. :smile:

Myself, I'm kinda partial to clothes that fit right. I don't need all the room for a gut that you get in men's clothes. I am woman - I have HIPS!
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:17 pm

:rofl: Exactly!

I hear you. I'm just more comfortable in clothes that are cut for a woman and that fit right. I have a small frame, so men's clothes are way too big, but my arms are a bit long for kid's shirts/jackets (unless it's a t-shirt).

When it comes to finding women's hunting clothes (especially at a reasonable price) it takes a lot of looking. I've found my upland clothes (brush pants and jacket) on Ebay. My camo and blaze orange clothes have been acculated over the years wherever I could find them. Everywhere from local sporting goods stores to places like Bass Pro and Cabela's.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby Admin2 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:28 pm

I thought I had heard Cabela's have a clothing cataloge for women hunters now. It is about time they start making clothing that fit women. :thumbsup:

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

womens hunting clothes

Postby Kaylalikesguns » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:48 am

i work at gander mountain. they are getting a larger selection of womens hunting stuff! definitely try there
-Kayla
Kaylalikesguns
Newb

Postby SDATVER » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:19 pm

shesafari.com
Franchi 912 Variomax
Winchester 1300
Browning BPS 10ga.
SDATVER
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum