Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hunting clothes for women

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  SDATVER 
#1 ·
This past season i got my now fiancee into hunting and she has really enjoyed it, but i've been finding it hard to find her gear, specifically waterfowl and upland stuff. I was wondering if you ladies have had similar experiences or if you can give me some idea of vendors?

She's wanting stuff that is made and tailored for a woman, not men's clothing bought smaller for her. Stuff that is fitted, feminine, yet field functional. She'd like an upland hunting shirt accented in hot pink instead of "hunter orange."

Kinda got me to thinking, she's probably not the only lady out there wanting this stuff. But there doesn't seem to be anyone meeting that need. Would you ladies be more inclined to buy hunting gear for women rather than trying to make other stuff work???

#2 ·
To be honest....no. To me, hunting gear is hunting gear. When I'm out pheasant hunting, orange vs. pink makes no difference to me, I'm out there to hunt. I have kids size waders, jackets, and wader boots. If you choose your hunting clothes to make a fashion statement, maybe you chose the wrong hobbie.

Just my opinion, though.

#6 ·
Oh lord, I hate pink, but reading playaxplorer's post made me remember I'd seen it in a catalog recently - Kevin's Fine Outdoor Gear and Apparel (http://www.kevinscatalog.com - see especially the shooting shirts at http://www.kevinscatalog.com/prodinfo.asp?number=KK710W). Spendy, but cut for women's bodies. Can't vouch for any of it because I haven't ordered from them yet - just getting started and all I have is my men's camo jacket, men's waders and (swoon!) my Beretta. :smile:

Myself, I'm kinda partial to clothes that fit right. I don't need all the room for a gut that you get in men's clothes. I am woman - I have HIPS!

#7 ·
:rofl: Exactly!

I hear you. I'm just more comfortable in clothes that are cut for a woman and that fit right. I have a small frame, so men's clothes are way too big, but my arms are a bit long for kid's shirts/jackets (unless it's a t-shirt).

When it comes to finding women's hunting clothes (especially at a reasonable price) it takes a lot of looking. I've found my upland clothes (brush pants and jacket) on Ebay. My camo and blaze orange clothes have been acculated over the years wherever I could find them. Everywhere from local sporting goods stores to places like Bass Pro and Cabela's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.