Hunters Helping Kids

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Hunters Helping Kids

Postby Labnerd01 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:31 am

Got a call from my friend Sam Rappold to work my labrador retrievers for a hunt he is having at his Duck Preserve this coming weekend, but I was already committed bad as I hate it.

Last year Sam hosted the " HUNTERS HELPING KIDS" organization at his duck preserve and I was asked to bring the dogs down to work for the kids and I was most pleased to do so. You see, few folks get to see what a well trained retriever can do and how it can be used as a conservation tool. It has been my pleasure to show the dogs off to folks over the years and hopefully influence folks to buy their own Retriever and train it up.

I was so impressed with the Dads at Hunters Helping Kids, taking their kids out to this and it gave me such pleasure to be able to show them that Duck Hunting is more than just pulling the trigger, fact is most of the time I am just pleased to take the dogs and let others shoot the birds, my pleasure is watching the dogs work, watching the kids and their Dads, as the Dads work with them on their aim, telling them when to shoot and afterwards the kids who want to play with the dogs. At the end of the Hunt one of them a Preacher gave an end of the Hunt Blessing, Could not have been a more rewarding experience.

If you ever want to get involved with helping others, especially youngsters get involved with the outdoors, the Hunters Helping Kids org is a good one. See Link: http://www.huntershelpingkids.com/default.htm

:thumbsup:
Going Hunting without a trained retriever is like going on a honeymoon without a bride!
Labnerd01
hunter

Re: Hunters Helping Kids

Postby Labnerd01 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:23 pm

The little Boy with the over/under was an excellent shot. His Dad stand behind him as they wait on Ducks to pass through out front.
Hhk01 (800x574).jpg
Some photos with Hunters Helping kids.
Going Hunting without a trained retriever is like going on a honeymoon without a bride!
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:35 pm

The Emergency Vehicle and Paramedics were available for those Disabled Vets. I believe the owner of the Emergency Service was also a sponser for them.
P2050071 (800x600).jpg
Hunters helping kids and Paraplegic Hunt pose after the hunt.
Last edited by Labnerd01 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Sam Rappold, Mountain Creek Duck Club-Molena Georgia was nice enough to donate to the cause of Hunters Helping Kids.
HHKParplegics (800x565).jpg
All the Kids and Paraplegic guys pose after the hunt with dogs.
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby Woodiewacker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Well done Sir..Thank you!!! Its things like this that keep my will strong and hopes alive for our future...Great cause..Im currently with DU and NWTF running both sub commitees for youth..I love seeing and learning of other programs...I hope to beable to get that kind of backing one day soon...Thanks for the info...
Woodiewacker
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Actually, we did two hunts and they filmed them and then spliced together the film clips for an Outdoor Show that is shown in South Georgia, can't get it up here where I live. I believe one benefactor funded the entire event and Sam Rappold donated a significant amount as well.
It is a great pleasure to be able to attend these type of events for youth and for our soldiers who come home crippled.
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't know how you can talk about a dog being a conservation tool in the same breath that you talk about supporting a release mallard operation.
Glad the kids had fun though.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting