Duck Hunting Forum banner

Ft. Morgan/ Sterling Area

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cast-n-blast 
#1 ·
Anyone know which of the WMAs have decent water on them. Not asking for hotspots, but I am in the Air Force and can only get out a few times a year. I'd hate to drive 3+ hours and get ready to hunt and find no water. Any help on water levels or bird levels would be GREATLY appreciated. Good hunting to you all!! :salude:

#2 ·
The ponds at Jackson Res are full and the water level on the main lake will start rising any day now. When everything frezzes over, there is always the river. There are several spots between Fort Morgan and Sterling. You can check the Colorado State Parks web page, select Jackson Lake, conditions. It will give you water conditions and there is a section to see how many birds are using the lake. It's not always updated but it is a nice reference. Hope that helps. :salude:

#4 ·
Tamarach Ranch has some Platte water running through it -- not as much as years past, but we had luck there yesterday. Blinds 19-25 are your best bet. Duck Creek SWA and Red Lion both have good water levels
as well. Like the other hunter said, Jackson Lake ponds are full -- we just need some weather to bring some fresh birds in -- they usually get hammered pretty hard at Jackson. Good luck. JN

#5 ·
Hey Cupp... Are you stationed @ Buckley? I'm new to this forum & I'm a DOD contractor behind the fence @ Buckley. I live in the S. Brighton area & I've been hunting up and down the I-76 corridor over the past few years. But in the past few weeks, some places have definately been more productive than others. But its all relative to the weather & the # of f#$%ing skybusters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.