Global Warming Skepticism

A place to discuss major environment issues, from the Gulf oil spill to extreme floods.

Moderators: Indaswamp, Dep6, #1wingnut, Smackaduck

Re: Global Warming Skepticism

Postby Capt Ahab » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:56 pm

The dim bulbs among us have yet to realize the global warming scam is a political movement and has no basis in conservation. Much as Lenin and Stalin gave not a rats ass for the prolatariat [ why did they starve tens of millions]neither do the greenie weenies care about CO2 emissions...... why do they give the big pollutor China a walk and not set about destroying their economy...hint....same political loyalties..
Capt Ahab
hunter

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 am

Revisiting this thread after a long absence indicates not much has changed. Selectively citing sources, based on one's political ideology, is still being passed on as being informed on the subject. As with other issues, it's gotten to the point where I can't waste my time listening to views from devout liberals or conservatives. Their bias blinds them to anything not supporting their preconceived views.
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 pm

That's one of the silliest notions I've heard in quite a while.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby goodst56 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:08 am

Slack Tide wrote:I just cant believe that there are people on this planet that are so **** stupid as to not accept that the crap we spew into the air can affect the atmosphere to such a degree that it can affect the global temperature....

It's absolutely happening

Agreed...I think it comes down to people being uneducated about the subject...Scientists on the subject all agree it is happening, but most people don't know that...They hear the media that likes conflict...The IPCC report says we are over 95% sure that it is happening and is due to humans...Which is basically as high as science can go...but why would people believe a group of scientists that are experts in this field of study :fingerhead:
goodst56
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:38 am

goodst56 wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:I just cant believe that there are people on this planet that are so **** stupid as to not accept that the crap we spew into the air can affect the atmosphere to such a degree that it can affect the global temperature....

It's absolutely happening

Agreed...I think it comes down to people being uneducated about the subject...Scientists on the subject all agree it is happening, but most people don't know that...They hear the media that likes conflict...The IPCC report says we are over 95% sure that it is happening and is due to humans...Which is basically as high as science can go...but why would people believe a group of scientists that are experts in this field of study :fingerhead:

Because certain segments of our population want less regulation in order to lessen liability and increase profits. Pretty much the same segment that seems to worry about spending our grandchildren into poverty. :huh:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Not sure how accurate these predictions are. Hopefully not. http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/two_class.php
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:48 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:Not sure how accurate these predictions are. Hopefully not. http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/two_class.php

As much as I would like to, I agree that you can't rely on short-term weather patterns to mean anything. I know that CA has st 100+ year records for warmth and lack of precipitation, but records are there to be broken. I do feel that we have to rely on the scientists, those with credentials and experience, to interpret the data for us. And I think, as has been said, that there is a uniformity of opinion on this matter. Those who protest consider themselves apolitical. I would venture QUITE the opposite.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm an environmental science student, almost done. I'm truly on the fence. Yes, climate change is a fact. Is it man induced? I'm not so sure. The malonkovich theory comes to mind. The earth was warm, cooled down then warmed again. Its a cycle and happens due to our orbit of the sun. Its truly hard to find a un bias article, report or study on the subject. It was once global cooling, then glacial activity was eminent, then global warming, now climate change. All while uncle Sam sends coal to China...hmmm.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:03 pm

Duck_Stank wrote:I'm an environmental science student, almost done. I'm truly on the fence. Yes, climate change is a fact. Is it man induced? I'm not so sure. The malonkovich theory comes to mind. The earth was warm, cooled down then warmed again. Its a cycle and happens due to our orbit of the sun. Its truly hard to find a un bias article, report or study on the subject. It was once global cooling, then glacial activity was eminent, then global warming, now climate change. All while uncle Sam sends coal to China...hmmm.

It's good to hear from someone that is educated on the subject. And it is interesting to note that you are not convinced. I sincerely was sure that the pre-emminent scientists in the field had decided that it was indeed man-induced, and could be catastrophic if patterns don't change. However, I am open to an educated person's perspective.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:07 pm

waterfowlman wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
GREYHAWK38 wrote:I do not see anyone doing away with plastic and going back to using glass, or how about cloth dippers or better yet riding horses or preparing their on food, sight of blood makes kids sick now days what about cell phs. This world has always had cycles always will.
What ever Gods plan is man can not change it wish they would quit trying. :hi:

I agree. Whatever happens is preordained and we should just stop trying to improve anything. :no: :no: :no: I'm going to go get high and just watch everything get better day by day.

Go plant a tree you pot smoking commie. :lol3: :lol3:

Just reread this and realized the CI forum isn't quite the same without the occasional WFM contribution. :lol3:
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Duck_Stank » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:12 pm

And the carbon debate, nothing is "added", it's simply in the atmosphere. Where it once was many moons ago. Is it causing changes to the extent some think? I really don't know. Many sources and the scientists used are funded by Exxon, or other bias institutions etc. This makes it hard to believe anyone on the subject. There's two sides to every coin, this coin happens to be shiny on both sides. Its a tough call, I think it's a bit of both playing a hand.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:58 pm

beretta24 wrote:
waterfowlman wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
GREYHAWK38 wrote:I do not see anyone doing away with plastic and going back to using glass, or how about cloth dippers or better yet riding horses or preparing their on food, sight of blood makes kids sick now days what about cell phs. This world has always had cycles always will.
What ever Gods plan is man can not change it wish they would quit trying. :hi:

I agree. Whatever happens is preordained and we should just stop trying to improve anything. :no: :no: :no: I'm going to go get high and just watch everything get better day by day.

Go plant a tree you pot smoking commie. :lol3: :lol3:

Just reread this and realized the CI forum isn't quite the same without the occasional WFM contribution. :lol3:

I know. Guess he's out of touch? I would think he, if anyone, could figure a way to make it work!
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:38 am

Why I am a skeptic,

1)The peoples, who are the supposed experts on the subject, pay and careers are directly dependent on MMGW being real, not a smoking gun but certainly a motive.
2)The celebrity founders of the movement have became extremely wealthy over MMGW and now are the biggest practicioneers of the very behavior they claim is the problem (Bobby Kennedys multiply estates that he flies to and Al Gores mansion that consumes 20x the energy of the people he tells must cut back).
3)They so called climate experts have been caught red handed fudging the numbers; real science doesn't require fudging.
4)The so called experts have been wrong on a number of issues over the years, global cooling(same scientist that now claim MMGW), O zone, acid rain, polar bear extinction, NYC under water by 2010, more and bigger storms ect...
5)The solutions to MMGW are to take resources from countries with the best environmental records and channel it to those with the worse records (you either have to have ulterior motives or are just plain stupid if you think this is smart; for the record, Im giving everyone on here the benefit of the doubt and saying that your just plain stupid).
6)Selective moral outrage, example: beef is attacked because it gets lots of support from the animal right nuts on the left, but the alcohol industry which consumes massive amounts of resources with little benefit and massive cost to society, get a pass (when was the last time you heard of a celebrity going sober because of MMGW)
7) when scientist disagree with the MMGW crowd the are shunned without being given a chance to make their case.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:33 am

Beef is being attacked due to methane releases, which are much more worse than CO2 as far as atmospheric reactions . Never looked much into your other points boney, but only solution I've heard is cut back. Told to you by someone that drove their car there, wears cotton, has a phone, uses electricity, eats mass produced products, consumes plastic, cuts their lawn or has other toys (simple engines like those are much harder on air quality). There really isn't much of a solution.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Duck_Stank wrote:Beef is being attacked due to methane releases, which are much more worse than CO2 as far as atmospheric reactions . Never looked much into your other points boney, but only solution I've heard is cut back. Told to you by someone that drove their car there, wears cotton, has a phone, uses electricity, eats mass produced products, consumes plastic, cuts their lawn or has other toys (simple engines like those are much harder on air quality). There really isn't much of a solution.

Its a good thing we killed off the buffalo 150 years ago; if we didn't NYC would be under water for sure. Does Ted Turner know the harm he is doing by raising all those beasts? Maybe Yellowstone should open season on bison before its too late. Seriously though, I can respect a point of view that says its happening and there is nothing we can do about it more than one that says its happening and we will all die unless we take from those we disagree with politically and give to those we agree with. Also, you may be missing my point that alcohol which is very environmentally destructive (massive amount of food going to a product that is probably responsible for half the population growth in the US :smile: and massive amounts of energy associated with its distribution) is a sacred cow among the liberal elites in Hollywood, Washington, the media, and colleges and universities. The same people who preach personal freedom when it comes to drugs and alcohol are the first to try to do away with guns and SUVs for the good of the village. Lastly, if climate change is only about methane, the you need to take a closer look the alcohol industry as it is a massive producer of brewers grain and distillers grains, a by-product of the industry that has only one real economical use and that is as a ruminate feed. This means your booze is a major contributing factor in methane production, and not just that of which is produced in massive amount in college dorms and frat houses on any given Sunday afternoon.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:14 pm

boney fingers wrote:
Duck_Stank wrote:Beef is being attacked due to methane releases, which are much more worse than CO2 as far as atmospheric reactions . Never looked much into your other points boney, but only solution I've heard is cut back. Told to you by someone that drove their car there, wears cotton, has a phone, uses electricity, eats mass produced products, consumes plastic, cuts their lawn or has other toys (simple engines like those are much harder on air quality). There really isn't much of a solution.

Its a good thing we killed off the buffalo 150 years ago; if we didn't NYC would be under water for sure. Does Ted Turner know the harm he is doing by raising all those beasts? Maybe Yellowstone should open season on bison before its too late. Seriously though, I can respect a point of view that says its happening and there is nothing we can do about it more than one that says its happening and we will all die unless we take from those we disagree with politically and give to those we agree with. Also, you may be missing my point that alcohol which is very environmentally destructive (massive amount of food going to a product that is probably responsible for half the population growth in the US :smile: and massive amounts of energy associated with its distribution) is a sacred cow among the liberal elites in Hollywood, Washington, the media, and colleges and universities. The same people who preach personal freedom when it comes to drugs and alcohol are the first to try to do away with guns and SUVs for the good of the village. Lastly, if climate change is only about methane, the you need to take a closer look the alcohol industry as it is a massive producer of brewers grain and distillers grains, a by-product of the industry that has only one real economical use and that is as a ruminate feed. This means your booze is a major contributing factor in methane production, and not just that of which is produced in massive amount in college dorms and frat houses on any given Sunday afternoon.

Well boney, if alcohol is a problem....the earth can go to hell in a handbasket for all I care! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
boney fingers wrote:

Well boney, if alcohol is a problem....the earth can go to hell in a handbasket for all I care! :lol3:

Welcome to the team Jim :beer:
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:01 am

boney fingers wrote:

Valid point made on booze. And buffalo, never thought of it that way ha ha. Technology is a beautiful thing, I think that's our best bet to help the environment in regards to climate change. Time will tell.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:01 pm

boney fingers wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
boney fingers wrote:

Welcome to the team Jim :beer:

:lol3: :beer:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:17 am

I think it is hilarious to believe that we can "save" the planet. Regardless of whether Climate Change (formerly Global Warming) is occuring or not there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. I repeat! NOTHING! Nations around the world have more serious problems than climate change. A vast majority of the people living on this planet are already living "green". They have no cars, no plastics, no jobs, no real houses, barely enough clothes to cover their privates, poor nutrition, and skimpy water supplies. There is nothing anyone can do about it. There are just too many of us. 7 BILLION to be exact.

To say that a small minority (US, Europe, and some parts of Asia and S. America) have to make serious changes in their lifestyle to save the planet is ludicrous. How many of you want to live like the vast majority? Cut meals to maybe 2 or 3 times a week, throw away all of your medicines, cell phones, computers, microwaves, furniture, (all made by rich evil corporations by the way), quit your job, dig around in some little plot trying to grow a bean without the aid of fertilizer or pesticides, your only enjoyment in life is sitting by a smoky little fire at night pulling bugs out of your ass.

Buying an electric car or installing a windmill on your roof may make your little guilt-ridden soul "feel" better but it ain't saving anyone or anything.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:05 am

Yes ding batter, you have a valid point. Another is the fact no one wants less as they progress through life. Everyone wants more. More leads to damaging the environment and increased production. Also, ask environmentalists what makes them happy when the environment is not being discussed. A good meal, family and friends, booze everything else will be mentioned. Now I'd almost guarantee you a clean environment isn't on their list...proving your point and making them feel silly. I've seen it work.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby On the X » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:It's good to hear from someone that is educated on the subject. And it is interesting to note that you are not convinced. I sincerely was sure that the pre-emminent scientists in the field had decided that it was indeed man-induced, and could be catastrophic if patterns don't change. However, I am open to an educated person's perspective.

Unless these scientists are set for retirement, do you think they're going to derail their gravy train?
On the X
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:11 am

On the X wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:It's good to hear from someone that is educated on the subject. And it is interesting to note that you are not convinced. I sincerely was sure that the pre-emminent scientists in the field had decided that it was indeed man-induced, and could be catastrophic if patterns don't change. However, I am open to an educated person's perspective.

Unless these scientists are set for retirement, do you think they're going to derail their gravy train?

I honestly don't get it. At least in my environmental department I am apart of, the other side of the coin is completely shunned. Not a little bit, completely. I still can't understand why this is. I've had professors say they are democrat, why that's needed in the classroom I do not know and leave remarks come student feedback reports. Its been taught as fact to many others and I it is man induced. I refuse to follow the herd and happen to notice the potential profit of a such acclaimed "disaster".
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby On the X » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Mankind has been very abusive to planet earth , there's no doubt, whether by pure ignorance or for convenience and pure laziness/not caring. But planet earth has also been self inflicting it's own damage for ions. This taken into account along with galactic factors...Sun, orbit, axis tilt etc, are a select few countries....USA being the primary, supposed to absorb the costs and inconveniences while China, India, Russia etc continue to pollute unhindered? There's a theory that the climate change debate is intended to weaken the US' economy and bring it closer to the level average. I believe this theory to be valid. I believe in doing what's right and conserving where feasible if for no other reason than self-benefit but as mentioned somewhere above, i don't believe it should strapped to the backs of American citizens while the above mentioned countries go unchecked.
On the X
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:27 pm

aunt betty wrote: It's against the law for me, as a U.S. citizen to travel to a foreign country to do something that's illegal in the United States.

Is that true, AB? Frankly, I've never really considered it much. If an American does something in a foreign country that is legal there, yet illegal here, do we still face prosecution here? What immediately comes to mind is the old Amsterdam, with rampant and legal drug use. I do remember cases of child sexual abuse that were prosecuted here, but I am not really sure of the legality of the act in the country in which it occured.
Glimmerjim
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Major Environmental Issues