Hunters Safety Vest

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Hunters Safety Vest

Postby wtrfwl havoc » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Just curious if any of you guys wear a hunters safety vest. I bought one a couple weeks ago, and really like the fit and everything. The only problem I have is, when I took it out of the package it smelled like they soaked it in WD-40 before they packaged it LOL. That thing stinks like hell. I have hand washed it like the instructions say and left it outside for a week. It still stinks. Anyone have any ideas?? I have been hunting without a harness cause I can't get the smell out of this one
wtrfwl havoc
hunter

Re: Hunters Safety Vest

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Try the Primos brand scent killer spray. It takes smell off stuff like I've never seen before. I've sprayed it on my rugby jersey after practice when I have practice the next day and can't wash it. It doesn't smell afterward.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby wtrfwl havoc » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:37 pm

I already tried that cause I use the primos silver xp also. I really like that stuff its about the best ive used, but still didn't work on this lol
wtrfwl havoc
hunter

Postby swampwise » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:45 am

I have one just as stinky. I just spray it down with scent eliminator and it hasn't been a hindrance to the 2 deer I've killed wearing it. One at 15 yards, the other at 6 yards.
assateague wrote:
Indawoods wrote:I had a great, great aunt born with a vestigial tail. :lol3:

That was your great, great uncle. Tell him to turn around.
swampwise
hunter

Postby Kansas H20fowler » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:33 pm

I hand washed mine...used evolved 3d spray several times and put it in a sealed container with leaves, dirt and sticks. For the most part, the smell is gone. I had 2 does all around me last night with a switching wind and was never smelled. In fact, I have hunted probably 20 sits this season and to my knowledge I have not been smelled...unless they smelled me before I saw them which is ENTIRELY possible! I just feel so much more comfortable with mine on and really wont hunt from a hang on stand without it. Hope this helps??
Kansas H20fowler
hunter

Return to Archery