Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hunters Safety Vest

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kansas H20fowler 
#1 ·
Just curious if any of you guys wear a hunters safety vest. I bought one a couple weeks ago, and really like the fit and everything. The only problem I have is, when I took it out of the package it smelled like they soaked it in WD-40 before they packaged it LOL. That thing stinks like hell. I have hand washed it like the instructions say and left it outside for a week. It still stinks. Anyone have any ideas?? I have been hunting without a harness cause I can't get the smell out of this one

#2 ·
Try the Primos brand scent killer spray. It takes smell off stuff like I've never seen before. I've sprayed it on my rugby jersey after practice when I have practice the next day and can't wash it. It doesn't smell afterward.

#5 ·
I hand washed mine...used evolved 3d spray several times and put it in a sealed container with leaves, dirt and sticks. For the most part, the smell is gone. I had 2 does all around me last night with a switching wind and was never smelled. In fact, I have hunted probably 20 sits this season and to my knowledge I have not been smelled...unless they smelled me before I saw them which is ENTIRELY possible! I just feel so much more comfortable with mine on and really wont hunt from a hang on stand without it. Hope this helps??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.