layout boat

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

layout boat

Postby gsphunter » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:22 pm

Anybody ever build a layout boat out of foam insulation? I've heard of guys doing this, but I was looking for some tips or suggestions from guys that have actually done it.

From what I here guys use this type of foam insulation http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=frameSet&url=www.dow.com/styrofoam/lowes/products/square.htm and glue 2 or 3 sheets together and carve a boat out of it. Then they lay cloth fiberglass over it. It sounds pretty simple and cheap to do. It would also be light weight, and fit in the bed of my truck.

Just wanted to get some more feed back before I attacked it.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:29 pm

This was in the Alaska forum last month. Maybe this is what you are talking about?

http://refugeforums.com/refuge/showthre ... ost3954034
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:33 pm

That's soemthing like what I was thinking. Thanks alot!

That will at least give me some guidlines to go off of. I think I want my cockpit to be set down in the boat farther, so it will be deeper overall. It won't stick out as much though.

Thanks again for the link. :thumbsup:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:20 am

Anybody got a Four Rivers boat. I really like the design, and I'm thinking that's what I'm going to use along with the plans from the fuge as a guide.

If you've got a 4 Rivers could you get some pics of it from some different angles. A side view out of the water would be great to see how deep the boat actually is.

Thanks for any help.
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds