Looking for some help with Wounded Warriors

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000, PinTeal

Re: Looking for some help with Wounded Warriors

Postby BassNut » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:59 pm

I have a 4 man blind up at Sutter and I'm 99% sure I can get access to another 4 man and possibly a third. I would have to check on the third one.
BassNut
hunter

Postby SGT Greenhead » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Hey yall The foundation is looking for a few more hunts! If your interested please shoot me a pm and let me know if you would like to take a vet and when your available to do so!
SGT Greenhead
hunter

Postby Boogie1275 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:23 am

hey guys, you need any help with decoys? i have some tangle free buck gardners that i would donate...
Boogie1275
hunter

Postby SGT Greenhead » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:35 am

We could totally use them! Pm sent
SGT Greenhead
hunter

Postby Lngbrdr » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:31 am

http://www.cvwa.us/
Hunts scheduled every weekend of the season for any Combat Veteran. If you have Vets that need to hunt steer them this way Friend!
Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association
CEO/Founder
www.cvwa.us

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -Thomas Paine, 1776
Lngbrdr
hunter

Postby Joe Guide » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:53 am

Mitch,

I am a Retired US Navy Chaplain.

When working for Medical Support Command (BUPERS) I got the opportunity to travel all over the USA military hospitals, VA hospitals and met with a large number of wounded warriors and men and women who love the great outdoors. As a Chaplain, I normally met with a number of Organizations that wanted to take WW out on a memorable outdoors trip, and there are many organizations out there, and kind outfitters that would like to help.

If you wish, I could help you with a contact or two in your area of CA via a PM, should you desire my assistance.

There are always a lot of people willing to take Wounded Warriors out hunting or fly fishing, but not as many actually come through on their assistance. Thanks for your thoughfulness and desire to share your waterfowl heritage with some wounded warriors this season.

I have tried to get the Robertson family of Duck D to take out one or two Wounded Warriors last season, but I think they were just a bit too busy to return my phone calls. However, their hearts are in the right place. and their hunting videos are mighty popular with all hands throughout our military in Afghanistan.

Best Regards,

Joe Guide

Commander Walter Dinkins, US Navy Chaplain Corps (Ret)

With Kind regards...
Mr. Nash, he had me take out a Mr. Money from England, who was "De' Shooingest Gent'man" I'd ever did meet! ***Check out [Joe Guide YOU TUBE hunting Videos]***
Joe Guide
hunter

Postby Lngbrdr » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:08 am

Chaplain,
Mitch is the Father of one of the wounded vets. I actually put that hunt together for the foundation that took those guys out. I then founded a non profit exclusively for waterfowl hunting for any combat veteran. I could certainly use any and all help here in california. Please visit our website to find out who we are and what we do!
CEO/Founder
www.cvwa.us

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -Thomas Paine, 1776
Lngbrdr
hunter

Postby Boogie1275 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:24 am

Are you guys still looking for decoys? I have some buck gardners and some ghg hot buy mallards i could part with if you need them?
Boogie1275
hunter

Postby millertimeUSMC » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:33 am

Lngbrdr wrote:http://www.cvwa.us/
Hunts scheduled every weekend of the season for any Combat Veteran. If you have Vets that need to hunt steer them this way Friend!

Is this still valid? I am a Board Member/Director of Community Outreach for the Warfighter Foundation. www.facebook.com/TheWarfighterFoundation warfighterfoundation.org/

Our foundation is ran by combat veterans for combat veterans. I'm currently deployed as a DoD contractor but will be moving to Morongo Valley later part of this year (from Texas) completely new to waterfowl in Cali but would love to get involved as much as possible.
USMC OEF VET 09-13
Board Member/Director of Community Outreach
The Warfighter Foundation
warfighterfoundation.org
millertimeUSMC
hunter

Postby Lngbrdr » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:06 am

millertimeUSMC wrote:

Is this still valid? I am a Board Member/Director of Community Outreach for the Warfighter Foundation. http://www.facebook.com/TheWarfighterFoundation warfighterfoundation.org/

Our foundation is ran by combat veterans for combat veterans. I'm currently deployed as a DoD contractor but will be moving to Morongo Valley later part of this year (from Texas) completely new to waterfowl in Cali but would love to get involved as much as possible.

100% friend! :thumbsup:
I am the CEO/Founder of CVWA. Check out our website for more info. Looking forward to getting you out on a hunt when you get back CONUS!!!
CEO/Founder
www.cvwa.us

Lngbrdr
hunter

Postby millertimeUSMC » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:52 am

Lngbrdr wrote:
millertimeUSMC wrote:

Is this still valid? I am a Board Member/Director of Community Outreach for the Warfighter Foundation. http://www.facebook.com/TheWarfighterFoundation warfighterfoundation.org/

100% friend! :thumbsup:
I am the CEO/Founder of CVWA. Check out our website for more info. Looking forward to getting you out on a hunt when you get back CONUS!!!

Applied on your site and contacted your FB page! Look forward to hearing from you gentlemen!
USMC OEF VET 09-13
Board Member/Director of Community Outreach
The Warfighter Foundation
warfighterfoundation.org
millertimeUSMC
hunter

Postby Lngbrdr » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:51 pm

:thumbsup:
Check out dinner thread. Gonna be a great time with some beautiful raffle/auction prizes!
CEO/Founder
www.cvwa.us

Lngbrdr
hunter

Postby Lngbrdr » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:57 pm

CEO/Founder
www.cvwa.us

Lngbrdr
hunter

Postby FMFdevildoc » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Miller - PM sent, I'm in your prospective neck of the woods

Lngbrdr / Mitch - Hope all is well gents!! I've got everything sorted out into (organized) chaos and I should even be able to make a few days out this season. God bless America !!

To the reader - definitely check these two gentlemen out. I've met them both & they're outstanding guys, no doubt. They put out a ton of work, through selfless intrinsically motivated effort; for sake of helping others. You just don't meet too terrible many folks like that, at least it seems...
Why? One inquires why? Because, AMERICA !!
FMFdevildoc
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting