FS: Carsten's Canvasback Hunting Machine

Post your NON-COMMERCIAL items here for sale/trade/wanted. No Company ads of products or services are allowed except for SPONSORS.
Contact webmaster@duckhuntingchat.com if you're a CO. that is interested in advertising on DHC.
NO general commentary posts are allowed in the Classifieds. ONLY posts directly relating to the negoitation to the item listed are allowed.

Moderators: Dep6, HENDU3270, PADUCKSTUFFER, fowl_wishes

FS: Carsten's Canvasback Hunting Machine

Postby wingnutty » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:14 pm

$2,700. Carsten’s Canvasback with layout blind and 7 hp Subaru Robin, electric start mud motor. Excellent shorelander trailer with customized tilt mechanism and guide bars for shallow water launching!

Buy it today and hunt it today! This rig is absolutely water ready.

This boat is SWEET and I have spent dozens and dozens of hours and hundreds of dollars tricking it out. I’m the original owner of the entire setup, all purchased new in 2008. Boat comfortably fits myself and my lab hunting layout style (dog sits behind me). Easily hunts 2 guys and the dog, but the blind is more of a one-man layout. DEADLY on the marsh. Birds won’t know you are there till you wave at them!

Customizations:
Layout blind with fastgrass
Cedar sub-floor to keep you dry and out of the water
Hydro-turf installed on all surfaces to improve traction
Area for dog to sit behind you as you recline in the layout blind
Customized tilt-trailer for shallow water launching

I have $4,000 into this setup:
Boat: $1,200
Trailer with modifications: $600
Motor: $1800
Boat Modifications: $400+++

This rig will make someone very, very happy.

I’m located in Polson, MT (59860). If you are in Washington or the Panhandle, I will meet at the MT/Idaho northern border. If in MT, Idaho or WY, I can meet in Missoula or maybe someplace else, but I can’t deliver too far.

Boat with Blind:

7hp Mud Motor:

Another pic of the boat:

Cedar sub floor:

This boat will handle shallow water as well as decent waves without much worry. It's absolutely stable and is a great boat. Wish I didn't have to part, but she needs a good home!
wingnutty
hunter

Re: FS: Carsten's Canvasback Hunting Machine

Postby GooseHunter131 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Free bump for a great deal...I have the same boat and love it!!! Those layouts can hold a ton of gear and are very stable!!! Good luck with your sale...Huff
GooseHunter131
hunter

Re: FS: Carsten's Canvasback Hunting Machine

Postby darcher » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Sweet looking boat! If I sell my Mud Buddy boat, I will be building a 14' sneak boat to accommodate a 15hp outboard. It is a year's project because I have to build a male plug. I have a 10' glass layout boat that I built, but I need a grass system like yours. I wish I could afford a small long-tail, but I can't look my wife in the eye and say that I need anything but shells!

Does your boat have spring-loaded doors? (I took the doors off my boat because I just couldn't get them out of the way fast.)
How do you get your shotgun up through the grass?

Layout boats are the most effective boat design ever devised. When I hunted on Klamath Lake, I would piggy-back my layout to shallow areas. What a boat you have! (You must be involved in another love affair to part with this one.)
darcher
hunter

Return to Duck Hunting Chat Classifieds