Hunting the Western Slope

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Hunting the Western Slope

Postby mngreenheadkilla » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:58 am

Hey guys I am curious about hunting the western slope possibly along the I 70 corridor...? I live in Evergreen and dont really care how far i have to drive. I work on the road for a few weeks to a few months at a time and then come home for a few weeks to couple months at a time. I am currently at home :smile: I dont see alot of posts on here about it, so I figured i would ask!??! If anyone lives/hunts out that way and wants to get out lemme know!
mngreenheadkilla
hunter

Re: Hunting the Western Slope

Postby ncramer7 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Iv not hunted western slope but iv had some luck in south park off of 285 I grew up in bailey. Im really no good a duck hunting this is my first year. But ill give you what i know if you are interested.
BANG BANG BANG " and don't come back"
ncramer7
hunter

Re: Hunting the Western Slope

Postby mngreenheadkilla » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Yeah, I have hunted down in the SLV and in that south park area as well, I like it down there, but I would love to hear more about it though, shoot me a message when you get a chance! I had to go to California for work and had to drive back today through I 70 the way back today and did see a few groups of hunters and also a few concentrations of birds on the Colorado River that would be a haul from the big city.....groups were packing up pretty early that I saw, like 8 a.m. and didn't see many birds flying. Probably gets better as other stuff freezes up I am guessing
mngreenheadkilla
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting