Birds in Sledge?

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Birds in Sledge?

Postby duckslayers 25 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:03 am

Me and some buddies of mine have a lease in sledge, and we haven't been seeing many birds in the hole if any. They are birds everywhere else in the delta but not at our hole. We have a flooded bean and millet field. You think they don't like it or have they just not found it yet???
duckslayers 25
hunter

Re: Birds in Sledge?

Postby CutEmMS » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:10 pm

just remember........"If you flood it, they will come"......well not always but just give it some time. This next cold front should give a good push.
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby duckslayers 25 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Preciate it. I think its just tunica and crowder has a lot of water and more birds are they, because not many people hunt in sledge, but once they shoot and get em up we should have birds.
duckslayers 25
hunter

Postby echoboy07 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:09 pm

duckslayers 25 wrote:Preciate it. I think its just tunica and crowder has a lot of water and more birds are they, because not many people hunt in sledge, but once they shoot and get em up we should have birds.

dont get discouraged ive been down last two weekends havent seen any in ours either we in sledge as well an yea tunica and crowder have way more water and crowder has the refuge but once they start shooting in tunica and dundee will push em our way hopefully and yes sledge def over looked hope it stays that way
echoboy07
hunter

Postby gon2sledge » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:39 am

70degree weather and southerly winds not quit duck huntin weather give it till this next cold front itll change and the huge cold front around middle of december will blow ur mind on how many ducks u will c n sledge.water,food,and cold weather in sledge means ducks.
gon2sledge
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting