fort bragg nc duck hunters

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

fort bragg nc duck hunters

Postby duckthug » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:11 pm

i'm stationed here at Bragg and always looking for people to go duck hunting with. i go alone a lot and that's fine by me but if anybody wants to join your more than welcome, as of now i'm confined to waters that i can wade. anyway i'm a member of DU and delta waterfowl , and i take the hunt serious and i'm not a big drinker, if you wanna drink that's on you ill just be sure you not behind me in the duck blind,lol. whelp, good luck hunting to all out there
duckthug
hunter

Re: fort bragg nc duck hunters

Postby abnscout5w » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:18 pm

I am also at Fort Bragg but currently in Iraq hope to be homr by mid Dec if you would like to get together and do some hunting. I have a 10ft jon boat that needs painted and a motor before it can be used for hunting. But where I hunt on Bragg a push poll will be all I need.
abnscout5w
Newb

Postby tlegere104 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:29 am

My doofus kid will go with you, he just got there. I hope to get his equipment to him around the first part of December.
"No I don't have to arrest you, I choose to."
tlegere104
hunter

Postby duckthug » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:35 am

hes more than welcome to in on the fun.
duckthug
hunter

Postby gander_lander34 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:03 am

I'll be around bragg this year again. Should be home in Sept/Oct. I've got decoys for almost everything under the sun, a boat, and dog. If you wanna go, hit me up. Also, if any of you guys are members of DU, Fort Bragg has their own DU Chapter. Hop on Facebook to Fort Bragg Ducks Unlimited and get in contact with Eric or Ken. They're both retired guys and are a blast to be around. Hope to see you all this fall.
gander_lander34
hunter

Postby duckthug » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:29 am

I'm currently in afghanistan but will be home in time to finish the early goose season. i got a good buddy from arkansas that'll be hunting with me most of the season, both of us are willing to take people along with us. were a little bummed that the mallards aren't as prevalent at the bragg area as they are where we grew up hunting. this is our last season at bragg so we will both be going hard this year. were even considering going on some guided hunts for brant. if you wanna join us your more than welcome. we haven't decided if were gonna bring the boat to bragg or not, mot of the places I've hunted here are a walk in walk out kinda gig.
duckthug
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:43 pm

You do have Mott Lake, I think off of chicken Rd, been a bit since I was there, but the woodies and ringers were pretty thick if the weather is right. Also, the lake right off of MCarther had a good number of woodies, teal and geese on it. You boys need to strike out for the coast, ecspecially with the blue bill limit increase this year, @ Cherry Point area.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby waterfowlman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:42 pm

duckthug wrote:I'm currently in afghanistan but will be home in time to finish the early goose season. i got a good buddy from arkansas that'll be hunting with me most of the season, both of us are willing to take people along with us. were a little bummed that the mallards aren't as prevalent at the bragg area as they are where we grew up hunting. this is our last season at bragg so we will both be going hard this year. were even considering going on some guided hunts for brant. if you wanna join us your more than welcome. we haven't decided if were gonna bring the boat to bragg or not, mot of the places I've hunted here are a walk in walk out kinda gig.

duckthug
If you fellas are interested in shooting some brant, we've got a pretty good size brant rig I'd be happy to put out for you. We're on the eastern shore of Virginia and have a fairly healthy winter population.....a bit of a drive from Bragg but the offer stands.
PM me if you're interested.
Stay safe. Rick
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby duckthug » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:35 pm

woodie your absolutely right about the lakes having ducks on them, and we will bring our boat to town i just don't know that we will be using it on bragg property because you can't use motors on bragg. but thanks for the advice.
duckthug
hunter

Postby whirldtravlr » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:54 am

I'm currently stationed at ft. jackson, SC till nov. I come home to raeford every weekend. My brother-in-law took me out last year and got me hooked. I would like to get into it out here, also like to get my 9 year old son involved as well. I dont really know anyone thats duck hunts around the bragg area. Ive got a lot to learn. I also would like to get him and myself into the local DU chapter. Anyone willing to help me out? we'd greatly appreciate it.
whirldtravlr
Newb

Postby Leaky-NY » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:41 pm

All you guys should try hunting the northern boundary river out of spring lake. We use to go out to the sand dunes /Weyerhauser area and drift the river and jump shoot ducks there. They could only go two ways with the high sandbanks and those pine trees. Up and away or over you.w We used 2 trucks and a canoe one at put in and one at the take out spot. That was in the early 70's and the Gws were mud puppies :tongue: . They couldnt stand it hunting there and they couldnt say a thing to us. Man that was a long time ago any way. Airbore 23 years proud retiree.

Leaky
If it aint ducks, Dogs or boats I cant talk now!
Leaky-NY
hunter

Postby Frostmd » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:43 pm

If you are still around, I would love to go thwack some ducks. I just pcs'd from Washington and haven't been out in a couple years. Need to find some spots to teach me boy
Frostmd
Newb

Return to Military Forum