Put a huge hole in my waders today :(

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Put a huge hole in my waders today :(

Postby 98ramtough » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:03 am

I got a big rip in my neoprene waders today. Its about two inches long and in a V shape. I have never tried to fix something like this, should I try to patch it or just buy new ones?

Thanks,

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:44 am

hey mike i think your gonna have to get some new waders.i have had my cabelas 1000 denier ice buster waders going on my 6th year now. there not as comfortable but they last along time.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DuckPlayer » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:18 pm

Neoprene waders patch easy just start on the inside with the glue they make for it and glue a big patch over it getting lots of glue into the rip then do the same on the outside give it lots of time to cure and they should be good as new. I spent almost 200$ on my neoprene waders from Cabelas and it would really hurt to throw them away the first time they got a rip ( the second time I wore them) Cabelas has a kit for fixing them. I dont know what it's called but they should know if you ask( sort of like a bicycle tube repair kit only the patches are really tough.
Some days you do everything right and don,t bag a thing , Some days you do everything wrong and still get LUCKY !!!
DuckPlayer
Pro Hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:25 pm

"Shoe Goo" will hook ya right up :salude:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum