How was your 2011 Canada Hunt ?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

How was your 2011 Canada Hunt ?

Postby F250 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:44 am

I was in central Saskatchewan during the first two weeks of October. I have been going there on self guided hunts for over 15 years. We focus on Canadas and ducks with a mix of field hunting and marsh hunting. This past trip was one of the best ever. My wife and I killed nine different species of waterfowl on one marsh hunt. Where else can you do that ???
F250
hunter

Re: How was your 2011 Canada Hunt ?

Postby Aunt Bee » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:02 am

Flew to Edmonton then drove to Wainwright to hunt with friend & guide Sean Mann. Wife, son, & his friend were in the party. Wife filmed. Limited out on dark geese & snows each of three days & did well on the ducks in the pm. Enjoyed the people, the wheat fields, "n the oil rigs. A LOT different then here on the Chesapeake! First time I was in a plane since sitting on a side bench in a C-47. :thumbsup: Oct 5-9
Aunt Bee
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:34 am

Got out of the Calgary Hospital after spending 2 weeks there for a heart attack and a severe case of pnuemonia. 5 days later I was in Sask. and shot about 6 snows, 3 cranes, 4 lessers and 2 sharptails. The ducks gave me the slip twice. I was too weak to walk far and barely had the strength to shoulder the gun so I cut the trip short, 3 days in total, but I had fun as it may be my last trip even though it was a foolish thing to go. I should have rested 2 weeks more to gain more strength and improve my vitals. Anyways I will cherish the fond memories of my yearly trips to Sask.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby Gimpster » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:19 pm

I hunt in southern NB and it has been terrible. Haven't shot a limit yet, in fact haven't come close. Looks like the Northern Blacks moving in has helped, but opening day we got 2 birds between three of us and it went downhill from there.
Hopefully the spring is good on the ducks and production increases..tough year here..hopefully we don't lose too many hunters!! Keep the faith!! DUC is doing some good stuff.
Gimpster
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting